Suggestion No thread links in Chapter forums

PatrickGSR94

Barefooters
Dec 9, 2011
I just noticed that when browsing Chapter forums or a thread in a chapter forum, there are no links above in the blue bar like Search Forums, Watched Threads, What's New, etc. It's just blank. Anyone else see that?

That's because the "chapters" (social groups) are a separate module from the forum software (different developers). To have navigational links added there, will cost some money, so I have decided to place this low on the priority list. I hope you understand.

oh weird, I thought the top banner was all the same site, though.

No, it's not. You can think of it as two separate "sites" developed by two different developers who have been joined together. The developer(s) of the forums did not have a "social group" implementation, so we, the BRS, were the first to request this feature of a XenForo developer. Now, because of our initiating its creation, others are using it too. We paid for it though. We actually had this request in on our "wish list," but due to the cost and other priorities, we decided to move it down the list.

On a side note, we have some requests for enhancements to the Calendar and the way it interacts with the "social groups," a.k.a., Chapters, and we were told to hold off on initiating the development of a newer, enhanced version of the Calendar because someone else has already asked for similar, if not the same, work to be done. We will either pay for half or get it for free. We wait to see.