NM Group Run

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by Joseph, May 10, 2011.

1. Joseph

Joseph Barefooters
    1. New Mexico

Hey All!!

I could not make Run for the Zoo either (had to work), but I am very interested in getting together for a group run. Sounds like there is maybe some interest, so I thought I would just start a post to discuss it.

Any thoughts on a time frame?

I am open every weekend after June 11th...that's my boys' last baseball game...

I live near UNM, but am willing to travel a bit if necessary...

Let's make it happen!

-Joseph

2. SaraLord

SaraLord Administrator
    1. California...
    2. International

Hey Joseph,

Other than June 11th, I'm toast until July 9-10, what a summer. I'm thinking we need to consider a group run every other weekend so people have options.

How are you doing otherwise?

Runners! weigh in on group runs if you are interested.

Sara

3. Aaron Wallentine

Aaron Wallentine Barefooters
    1. New Mexico

Yes I am interested in a group run sometime!

I just did the Taos Sun Run 5k today barefoot; I was the only barefooter out of about 147 (officially) runners; it was crazy how much attention I got. Some lady from the Taos paper took pictures of me and my feet. (I did hear a rumor of another barefooter, but didn't see him.) There were at least 2 I saw with VFFs, and one guy with some homemade Luna sandals (he was much faster than me! :) ) My first official event barefooting! I'm much more out of practice than I wanted to be ... but it still felt good. Did about 36:00, only had to go down to walking 3-4 times for a short time.

Some ideas --

Bosque trail?

Tramway trail?

UNM campus?

I'm up for anything.

I'm gonna set my email to forward to my cellphone from this forum, cuz I've been horrible about checking my email and forums lately.

Peace! :)