Nike Free Run Shoes

Boat anchors.

Boat anchors.

Seriously, we don't talk

Seriously, we don't talk about Nike Free much here because they are not minimalist shoes, no matter how much Nike would like us to believe they are.

There's still a lot of

There's still a lot of padding, and the drop is too large. However, the sole is pretty flexible. The toe box is tough -- it's probably not big enough, but the upper is soft enough that I don't mind it much.

Personally -- and this is jmo -- I still like mine, but I don't run in them much anymore. (Only for intervals.) They're definitely not substitutes for actual barefoot running.

It is a great running shoe.

It is a great running shoe. But that is what it is, a running shoe. Its not minimal. That being said I do really like mine. I ran in them long into my transisitioning. Even after I couldn't run in my other running shoes anymore. Now I can't run in the frees either. Well I suppose I could, but they are just too heavy and I feel like I'm sinking into the ground, so I don't want to. However they are what I wear for about 90% of my casual wear. They are good for walking and standing.

But this is probably the wrong arena for good debate on which to get. You might be better off on a standard running forum since they are becoming pretty widespread in the normal running world.

Ha, the "normal" running

Ha, the "normal" running world. We are not normal? :'-) Teasing! I know what you mean, AJB.

lol I didn't even think about

lol I didn't even think about that when I wrote it, but nope I'm sticking with it. I'm cool with being abnormal. I think its part of the fun :-D

I agree.  It's good to go

I agree. It's good to go against the grain once in a while, stand up and be your own person.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test