Newton Natural Running Panel 2010

I have been a lurker and

I have been a lurker and reading posts. I do work for Merrell and I have been running in the barefoot collection (Trail Glove) for about 3 months now. I even ran the Grand Rapids Marathon in them. Jason's blog post about Merrell is spot on. We take ALL feedback. I am very excited the direction that Merrell is taking in this new collection. I never imagined myself becoming a hybrid barefoot runner (don't think I could ever go non shoes) or even complete a marathon but the last 3 months have been a game changer for me in how I run and the way I feel about running. One important piece of this has been the Education and the ability to "learn" how to run again, this time the proper way. :)

Another pink elephant, er uh,

Another pink elephant, er uh, yellow?

Yes there is a elephant in

Yes there is a elephant in the room no one will talk about, but at least they are talking. Trojon horse= newtons. When I was at ironman Canada last summer there was a huge number of people using newtons. I figure once people find out the technology in the shoe ( the energy returning lugs) are just a poor imitation of what your legs already do, many newton users will try bfr. Just like I did. PB

Hi there,Seems like lots of

Hi there,

Seems like lots of discussion about having warnings with minimalist shoes on how to run with them. I don't think that is needed at all.

After all does your motor car come with a warning that you should know how to drive, mine didn't. Its common knowledge that you should know how to drive before you drive a car. All sports carry a risk of injury if done incorrectly, personal responsibility should be at the forefront when undertaking a different activity.

I would think that most people who end up buying minimalist shoes do so because they are not happy with the current range of bulky traditional shoes and/or have injuries from running and are looking for an answer (as I was in the beginning).

So it goes without saying that if you are in that category they you will do some research on how to run correctly rather that just strap them on and start heel striking again

If someone is happy running in the current modern running shoes and are not getting injured I can't see why they would have an incentive to change.

I was most interested to hear Zola speaking as she is the only one that has grown up being a barefoot runner. She mentioned that she gets farm more injuries running in shoes than she does barefoot. It seems like the area where she lives is a lot more barefoot friendly that most of our modern towns.

I followed her running career closely and was so sad with her treatment after the Olympics, she was a shy girl thrust into the spotlight then humiliated in the most public of ways. Good to see that she is still running.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7