New to BF Running

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by TMo, Dec 9, 2011.

1. TMo

TMo Barefooters
    1. Georgia

Hi All:

I am new to the BF movement, but have worn Bikalas for about six months and now am looking to go all the way. I live in the Dallas GA area and would love any tips/steering you could give me. I also would like to make sure my form is right.

Thanks for any input

2. rickwhitelaw

rickwhitelaw Barefooters
    1. Oregon
    2. Utah
    3. Arizona -...

Welcome TMo,Just start

Welcome TMo,

Just start reading through the forums. Tons of good advice. You will love going barefoot as much as you loved going from shoes to Bikalas (or even more). You will hit some rough patches (pun intended) but stick with it.

Rick

3. Barefoot TJ

Barefoot TJ Administrator
    1. Nomad

Welcome, TMo!  Be sure to

Welcome, TMo! Be sure to join the Georiga Chapter through the Chapters tab above. We get together at least once a month to run. It's been a little slow lately since the chapter president, Thomas, hurt his foot, but he's getting back into it and hopes to get some runs going again.

4. TMo

TMo Barefooters
    1. Georgia

I am definitely down to run,

I am definitely down to run, and I have a friend who wants to do the same.

What is the best way to get the proper form. I tried it today, and I feel like I am still touching my heel too much.

Lol My actual name is TJ, and my best friend calls me T Bob. Funny, the T Bob thing was from WAAAAY before anyone heard of Ken Bob.

TMo

5. TMo

TMo Barefooters
    1. Georgia

I am definitely down to run,

I am definitely down to run, and I have a friend who wants to do the same.

What is the best way to get the proper form. I tried it today, and I feel like I am still touching my heel too much.

Lol My actual name is TJ, and my best friend calls me T Bob. Funny, the T Bob thing was from WAAAAY before anyone heard of Ken Bob.

I sent the request to join the GA chapter.

6. Barefoot TJ

Barefoot TJ Administrator
    1. Nomad

Thomas should be responding

Thomas should be responding to your chapter membership request shortly. If you don't hear from him, please PM me.

To stop the heel striking, bend your knees a little more, but not too much, since you don't want to tax your calves too much. New runners deal with tight calves from the new zero drop form of running. Post for additional help in the main forums up top, and we we all get to run, the members can give you some visual pointers as well.

My name is Tamara Jane, and my mom used to call me TJ growing up.

Glad to have you here, T Bob!