New 'round these parts

Lomad

Barefooters
Sep 15, 2011
Hi all; been lurking here a bit, and it seems a lot of the cool kids from that other bfr forum spend more time here lately. I figured I'd join in on the fun. But first, enough about you, let's talk about me:

I'm Lomad (or Tim if you don't dig on faux interwebian identities). I've been in an on again, off again love affair with running since I was 8, but had all but given it up in the past two years due to constant aches, pains, etc. Searching for ways to help my knees and back this spring I fell upon bfr and have been a happier runner ever since! I'm new and not super knowledgable but that never seems to stop me from offering opinions.

Outside of running, I'm a husband and dad (two awesome little girls!) and a guy who walked away from a career that many would call successful, or at least success-adjacent, to pursue my real passion of teaching. I'll be a full fledged mind molder by spring!

I live in the great NorthWet, in Vancouver WA (North North Portland represent!). I'm glad to be here.

Welcome, Lomad!  Glad to have

Welcome, Lomad! Glad to have you hear, in the better place.

Welcome Tim!  I just joined

Welcome Tim! I just joined myself but Mike and Joshh say that they(BRS) do runs pretty often together here in Portland. I look forward to meeting you hopefully at one of the runs!

Welcome to the neighborhood,

Welcome to the neighborhood, Tim. I'm glad to hear you're following your passion and making a difference in kids' lives. My wife is a teacher, and we have 3 teenaged boys, so I have a thorough appreciation for good teachers. I'm across the country from you, but I've seen several folks from your neck of the woods on here. I hope you're able to link up with some of them for a fun run. Enjoy!

Lomad, be sure to visit the

Lomad, be sure to visit the Chapters link above and join the Oregon Chapter, so you can get notices on when they are meeting up.

Lomad, ya be sure to join

Lomad,

ya be sure to join the oregon chapter. we do lots of runs together, some aren't posted so we have to get to know you. there's a planned run in two weeks but a couple of us always run midweek.

Mike

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test

Latest posts