New Kigo Ad - Save 15%

Barefoot TJ

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 5, 2010
In support of IBRD, Kigo is offering BRS members 15% off on any Kigo footwear from 04/25/11 until 05/06/11. You can either access the sidebar ad or visit http://www.kigofootwear.com/ using the code IBRD to take advantage of these savings.

I tried the edge at one

I tried the edge at one point. Just note that the toe box is narrow, and more consistent with a conventional shoe. I found the outsole to feel very plastic like when walking on it. The shoe also has a heel. It is definately not a running shoe. If you have a wide foot forget about this product. I would not consider it a min shoe by any means. Maybe they will get it right in a few more generations though.

Then I paid shipping to return the product. This product has lots of room for improvement. So just a warning if your considering it. You may loose that discount via shipping it back for a return. Just ones view on this product.

They do advertise their footwear as minimalist. Though I just can't see how they justify that. Company clearly missed some min shoe design traits like no heel, unnatural toe box, etc. They missed those things in the design plans. Hopefully they have learned some lessons is shoe design for future products. For now may want to skip the current generation.

Look around at other reviews, but for me the bad toe box design alone is enough not to buy the product. Discount, or no discount.

Just my two cents........

Link here a little ways down page gives a good pic visual on toe box shape compared to your actual foot. When we care about our feet we need to make better educated decisions before we buy. Hopefully in the process tell these companies we expect more in a properly designed min shoe. I'm sure this product is fine for many, but for a barefoot focused community I can't imagine this will fit the bill for folks around here.

A lot of people have talked

A lot of people have talked over the past year plus they they do like the Kigo line, and they do consider them minimalist. Many people have compared them to the typical Wal-Mart water shoe/aqua sock.

Kigo recognizes that the current footwear they make is not intended for running but day-to-day minimal wear. They do have a running line coming out at the end of summer though, so be on the lookout for that.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts