NEW Furoshiki by Vibram

Barefoot TJ

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 5, 2010

Attachments

• 201406_pitti_uomo_eng.pdf
    223.3 KB · Views: 2
I love the look of them. I posted a pic on the BRS Facebook page and it was shared about 80 times and got 4,000 views or something! Looks like they're on a winner with these just on the style. Whether they are good for running in we will have to see

My opinion of them hasn't changed since I first saw them on BirthdayShoes. I think they look no different in shape than that of a conventional running shoe. That's the only detriment I can gather from just the photos but, it's a big one. If Vibram were to give these the same shape as the VFF but without the toe-separations, THEN I'd be interested.

Exactly! Vibram has it completely backwards! :D Their wraparound shoe will provide a custom fit for the top of the foot.

Here's a clue, Vibram. People use the bottom of their feet to contact the ground when running. Minimalist running involves having the appropriate soles (shoes or barefoot!) for the surface. Where are the shoes with custom soles?

Reactions: Barefoot TJ
There is one potential benefit in having a shoe wrap over the top of the foot, in that it could make for a secure fit that doesn't impede movement at the ankle. It remains to be seen whether this design accomplishes that of not (and with the lugs and bad shape, I'll probably just ignore the shoe if it ever does come out). Since the anchor point is behind the ankle, I predict that it fails in even this regard.

TJ, that's a hideously-ugly foot. It reminds me of what a woman's feet look like when wearing wedge-heels - Just a stump.

Reactions: Barefoot TJ