New Book To Feature Writing Of Maine-Raised Climate Activist Who Died On Barefoot Trip Across U.S.

TheOneOnEarth.png

New Book To Feature Writing Of Maine-Raised Climate Activist Who Died On Barefoot Trip Across U.S.
“The One on Earth: Works by Mark Baumer”

By Willis Ryder Arnold, Maine Public

Mark Baumer struck out in 2016 on a trip across the country barefoot to raise awareness of climate change and raise funds for an environmental group, The Fang Collective, sometimes running, interacting with locals. and often hollering into his cell phone camera.

“Ah! I just realized I’m running across America barefoot! Oh! It’s really happening,” Baumer shouts in his first video documenting his journey that's uploaded to YouTube.

Baumer, a Maine-raised writer and activist, was killed four years ago after being struck by an SUV in the Florida panhandle. In addition to the barrage of online videos he posted throughout his journey, Baumer left behind numerous books, poems, stories, and blog posts.
Some of those writings have been compiled into a new book, "The One on Earth: Works by Mark Baumer," released July 7 by Fence Books.

To continue reading, please visit: https://www.mainepublic.org/2021-07...activist-who-died-on-barefoot-trip-across-u-s

New Book To Feature Writing Of Maine-Raised Climate Activist Who Died On Barefoot Trip Across ...
Maine Public
I just realized I'm running across America barefoot! Oh! It's really happening,” Baumer shouts in his first video documenting his journey that's uploaded to ...

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts