New Bikilas falling apart!

Kiki

Barefooters
Jun 22, 2010
(I posted this on Runner's World Barefoot forum but wanted to here, for opinion)

My new Bikilas are falling apart. The lateral side of rt pinkie toe, on top edge, where rubber meets nylon is seperating. I have run a total of 8 miles in them. Two three mile runs and one two mile run.

Also, the rubber 'pads' on toes and balls of feet create painful hot spots. I ended up walking the last mile in today (yes I am a new runner so 3.2 is my furtherest distance). I walked backwards at times to alleviate pain.

So now what? Do I run in VFF Sprints tomorrow, which although feel a bit short, do not cause the painful spots on toe pads. Or just go to Reeboks? I downloaded Jason's books yesterday. Will read them. I did walk about 3/4 mile last night on asphalt road barefoot, OUCHY! Did not expect my feet to be so tender.

the tenderness could be

the tenderness could be what's causing the hot spots. you are the first person i've heard complain about hot spots with the biks.

as for the toe separation. sadly i've seen a few cases of that mostly with the women's. you can try to fix it with shoe glues which some have reported to work ok but the best bet is to go for an exchange.

i would say go with your sprints if they feel ok but only go for the run if your feet feel up to it. if they are sore or tired you need to rest them before running again.

I wouldn't wear any shoe that

I wouldn't wear any shoe that feels too short. Bunching the toes up like that will put strain on your tendon/s, and you could suffer an injury. I had this same tendon problem with my VFFs a long time ago, and it took quite awhile for that pain to go away, even while running barefoot.

Instead of walking backwards in them next time, take them off and walk barefoot, even if it is gravel. I guess it's a choice of which poison you want to try.

I'd taken them back and get another pair.

Yes, my feet want to be

Yes, my feet want to be bare! I have sent email to company I bought them from.