New barefooter here!

Sleepnheat

Chapter Presidents
Dec 20, 2016
NEK - Vermont
I just wanted to pop in and introduce myself. I am a married father of three, EMT/Firefighter, and live in northern Vermont. I used to run many years ago, but I am just now returning after a recent kidney disease diagnosis has motivated me to lose some weight. In my effort to take care of my body, I started researching running and found the multiple benefits to going barefoot! This fits me perfectly as I am always barefoot anyway! Starting slow, but loving it!!

Thanks to all of the contributers of this site! Lots of great info!!

I just wanted to pop in and introduce myself. I am a married father of three, EMT/Firefighter, and live in northern Vermont. I used to run many years ago, but I am just now returning after a recent kidney disease diagnosis has motivated me to lose some weight. In my effort to take care of my body, I started researching running and found the multiple benefits to going barefoot! This fits me perfectly as I am always barefoot anyway! Starting slow, but loving it!!

Don't be scared of walking too. If you feel any top of foot pain that means you are trying to do much too soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sleepnheat
Don't be scared of walking too. If you feel any top of foot pain that means you are trying to do much too soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am taking things slow, for sure! Not only regarding the running aspect, but also the transition to barefoot. Here in northern VT, we are just getting into our winter season with temps typically below freezing and a lot of snow/ice on the ground. I spend all of my time at home barefoot, which is nothing new, but now dabble in quick bursts of outdoor activities barefoot. I keep these little adventures very brief though. It's just not wise to jump into it mid-winter, but do want to do some acclimating as my feet see fit.....

Welfo

Welcome sleepnheat. You have come to the right place, lots of info as you said and support. I'm kind of newbie as you are. 7 months so far. And like others said, take it easy, patience and your body will thank you :)

Glad to have you here! :barefoot:

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts