New Barefoot Runner in C. Springs

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by redsamick, Apr 23, 2011.

1. redsamick

redsamick Barefooters
    1. Colorado

Greetings :) I have recently taken up barefoot running and live in Colorado Springs and was wondering if there are any other BFers in the area. Perhaps a meetup/run could happen in the future?

Cheers,

Chris

2. dug deep

dug deep Barefooters
    1. Colorado

I've seen a few other barefoot runners and tons of minimalist runners. I'm in the NW part of town, so if you're close we could meet. I have a restrictive schedule so I'm pretty hit or miss though.

-dug

3. redsamick

redsamick Barefooters
    1. Colorado

thanks man! I just got back from deployment, so my family and i intend on exploring the city and its mountains eagerly.

Cheers,

Chris

4. redsamick

redsamick Barefooters
    1. Colorado

dug,

i live in the SE part (near fountain/widefield - south of the airport) however I'm down for setting something up. Got any plans for 1 May? Maybe we could jog at the GoGs...

Cheers,

Chris

5. dug deep

dug deep Barefooters
    1. Colorado

Not sure about GOG since we're supposed to get snow. I might sneak out today but not for more than a couple of miles. Right now I've got a pinched sciatic nerve...the pain comes and goes so it depends on how I'm feeling.

I'll probably skip running on Sunday altogether to heal up a bit. I do a regular group run on Mondays from Trinity Brewery. Nobody does it barefoot but there are ususally a couple in VFFs. 6pm @ Trinity on GOG Road. The course changes depending on the mood but its generally about 5.5 miles on a mix of concrete/asphalt/chat/dirt.

I may or may not be there this Monday...my daugter has a running race at the same time.

You can contact me directly at supernovy at comcast dot net

6. tr1str4m

tr1str4m Barefooters
    1. Colorado

I live in Castle Rock, and I'll be taking part in International Barefoot Running Day by running the LiveBig 5k barefoot tomorrow. It's a fun race for a great cause, if anyone would like to join me. Google "Live Big" for more info.

7. Vickers

Vickers Barefooters
    1. Colorado

Hey all, just arrived a week ago. I'm fairly new to the BF running, haven't gotten past 4 miles yet. (Certainly not here. Got to get used to yalls air.) I might try to make that Monday meet after I get used to the area. I'm not too terrible far away from GoG road.

Oh, and welcome back Chris. Glad to have ya home.

8. dug deep

dug deep Barefooters
    1. Colorado

Welcome to the Springs! Please do try to makeit Monday. As I told Chris, its unlikely there will be anyone barefoot but there are always at least a few VFFs in the crowd. Its a good, fun group.

-Doug

9. Vickers

Vickers Barefooters
    1. Colorado

I went for a 3 mile BFR yesterday. Went pretty well, feet and legs felt great. I just can't breath up here. I think I'mma give myself a bit more time to get used to this altitude before I embarass myself at GoG. Heh. Mayhap in a week or two you'll see me up there. I don't know how big those groups are, so I'll probably make a fancy sign that says, "Have you seen Shoeless Doug?"

-Vickers