New Balance Minimus Trail Review

More swag, SP?

More swag, SP?

Always TJ.  I kind of made a

Always TJ. I kind of made a commitment to reviewing all the 2011 shoes coming out. I don't think there's ever been a minimalist runner that had an opinion about every shoe on the market. But I think that sort of base of knowledge would be invaluable.

Perhaps a new position at BRS could be made for official shoe tester?

We can work on something.  If

We can work on something. If you're serious, let me know. I'm wanting to get the spring edition of the Minimalist Footwear Review & Buyer's Guide going, so at least we can use some of your reviews.

My browser isn't displaying

My browser isn't displaying the comment box, so I'll put it here. In response to rant #2, I'm one of those people who also want to be able to use their trail shoes on the road, because I usually feel the life get sucked out of me when they don't and I have to run over the road stretches of a course after being on a trail for hours. In that regard I think these are better than the Merrells which feel too clunky on hard surfaces.

I totally get where you're

I totally get where you're coming from Aaron, and I think the Minimus addresses that issue well. My rant is more for someone who is primarily a road runner looking to use the Minimus for that purpose. A lot of people just need to be told that there are other options out there, even if they're not labeled "minimal shoes".

TJ, I am serious. I'm doing a 2011 Buyers Guide for my blog, so I already have plans to do reviews of most of the new shoes on the market. I'd love to do some stuff for BRS, especially if it can help me acquire the shoes I have so far been unable to snag (i.e. the Altra Adam or anything by VFF...their companies don't respond to me).

Hearing that these were good

Hearing that these were good on the road is probably what made me decide to get a pair if I can ever find the oranges in my size. Seriously whiteish or nearly all black as color choices on a TRAIL shoe for the women what the hell were they thinking? And I wouldn't want to run the couple of miles to and from the trail in the merrells with that clunky rock plate. I'm far to lazy to get into my car and drive to the trailhead (and yes I recognize the irony in that last phrase).

I do the same thing ajb.  The

I do the same thing ajb. The nearest dirt trail to me is about 6 miles, but I would rather run there than drive. You will like them as a combo shoe.

I figured I would reply here

I figured I would reply here than start a new thread on these shoes. I just grabbed a pair over the weekend. My local shoe store hooked me up. I tried them out today at lunch for about 3 miles on and off road with no socks. I loved them! I couldn't believe how great the felt with no socks. I just got a slight blister on my right achillies but that's probably expected with new shoes and will callus over. Looking forward to trying them out on the trail.

Thanks SP. Returned mine and

Thanks SP. Returned mine and would definitely pick up another pair if they come up with the zero drop. Excellent MR option for people who do not mind the minimal heel lift. It brought back bad habits for me. I hope the rumors on the zero drop are true.

RunningNash- if it keeps

RunningNash- if it keeps happening you can cut them down. I cut about an inch off the back because it kept happening and kept getting worse especially on hills.

too narrow in the toebox.

too narrow in the toebox. That was my only problem.

Wear Tested the minimus Wellness and loved running in them. Roomy. They ruined that in production.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts