NEED TO GO PUBLIC!

It is too dang quiet around here!

clean.gif

I keep thinking its quiet

I keep thinking its quiet too, then I realize thats because its spring, and we're all out running...practicing what we preach. Not like some forums that are full of armchair experts LOL

So true!  I have too much

So true! I have too much time on my hands since I'm recovering and haven't run in a week :) (I know, recovery doesn't usually mean NO running, but I was pretty beat up after.)

Might get in a couple of runs this week, but my daughter and her fiance will be here for a visit. I'm thinking about a 5K on Saturday, but not sure I should do it since it is only 2 weeks after my big race on the 17th. Probably should wait another couple of weeks before running hard again, but we have DDs wedding on the 15th and all the craziness in between. It will be weeks before I have another chance to see what my marathon training did for my speed :)

I'd settle for a couple of

I'd settle for a couple of invitations to hand out, I'm sure there are some bugs to get worked out before we go totally public. (Like the quoting and smiley code issues)

We hear ya!  We've been

We hear ya! We've been talking about this very issue. We're thinking that in two weeks, we will be opening our doors. In the meantime, he is working on extending the invitations, so you guys can invite your barefoot and minimalist running friends.

That was absolutely

That was absolutely beautiful, Terry. Brought a tear to my eye. You are a good BFR ambassador. It's good to have you here.

The other side of going barefoot

Recently, The Record ran an article about Delta College students who went barefoot to bring awareness to "the health risks caused by a lack of shoes in developing countries." The article did not specify those risks. However, I would like your readers to know that there are a lot of health benefits to be gained by going barefoot - stronger muscles, increased blood flow to the legs, relaxation of the foot muscles, benefits to those with flat feet and more.

There are reasons people studying yoga, tai chi and martial arts go barefoot. Marathoners from various African countries often go barefoot. Abebe Bikila broke the Olympic record for the marathon in 1960 racing barefoot.

There is a growing movement of barefoot runners in the U.S. and around the world. I am a proud member of the recently established Barefoot Runners Society. I have run several marathons and half marathons with shoes. However, I have recently begun running barefoot. I love it and will never return to regular running shoes.

Terry Orsi

Stockton

Thanks, TJ!  Happy to do it. 

Thanks, TJ! Happy to do it. Wish I could have had more in my letter but was restricted to 250 words. I wanted to point out that the so-called "health risks" in developing countries they were referring to, but did not mention, is more likely lack of education, access to health care and proper sanitation - not that I'm against people having access to shoes.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts