Need some help regarding the new Lunas

Never mind Zetti, I see it and apparently it is expired. Damn.
dang....too bad! 20% off is substantial...especially with the price of these badboys

you know i take off my sandals when in class or somewhere i don't need them. i also notice the sweat with them on for extended periods plus just sitting there the lacing gets to me.
I forgot to mention that you also do the slip on method for tying these, while I do more of a traditional tying method. Kinda hard to take them off in class when they are also wrapped around your ankles and not just a quick and easy slip on or off. I've tried tying them the way you do, but then I always tend to end up with blisters. The ATS laces I can't ever seem to get adjusted right, must be my goofy feet. The traditional method is really easy for me to get adjusted right.

i switched to lacing when i saw how fast you did it.

whatever works and keeps the laces on. i just tie them.

Reactions: NickW
Im going to try out the ATS laces first....if they don't work for me....i'll get a pair of normal laces.
I like the look of the normal laces but figured I'd try the ATS after all the hype.

Reactions: NickW
Good luck Zetti. A lot of people really like the ATS laces. I prefer the traditional tying method because it's easier for me to get the laces right. Because of the rubber back on the ATS I can't adjust them in a way that is comfortable to me.

Reactions: Zetti
Just FYI for anyone interested, I went to JoAnn Fabrics yesterday and found a roll of ribbon that is of the same material and width as Lunas for $3. There is 18ft of ribbon on it. I have put the ribbon on my current Lunas and I think I will really like them, although I may have to alter my tying method a bit and use more like Pat Sweeney does on Lunas site. I have a problem with the heel strap falling down so will have to get that figured out. Anyhow, it's cheaper and local to just go to your local JoAnn Fabrics to get this if that interests any of you. I think I am just going to add leather to the current sandals that I have instead of ordering another pair from Luna. I have a pair of pacers that have the original ATS footbed on it that I will use for rainy/muddy running instead of these. Money is a little tight right now so I will make do with what I have and can do myself.

Just to throw temptation your way Nick :playful:

All Venados 20% Off

If you've been waiting for an incentive to get yourself in a pair of Lunas, here it is: all Venado and Traditional Venado sandals are 20% off through the end of April. Simply enter the code VenadoMinus20 at checkout to get the discount.

So after spending the afternoon out running errands I can honestly say I love this new strapping method (Sweeneys method I linked to above), and the ribbon idea. My feet have never been so comfortable in huaraches, which I already love by the way. This way of strapping makes the sandal so much more comfortable and SECURE. I would not be afraid to run in mud or on muddy hills like this.

Still waiting on Altra's refund nearly a month later on the returned Adams. Once I get the return, was told today that I should have it in the next 72 hours (rrrrrrrrrggggggg, should not take a month for a return to be processed), I will order the Venado with the leather footbed with the traditional ribbon laces.

rich guy. i always order kits. much cheaper.

rich guy. i always order kits. much cheaper.
Hmmm, don't really think its a rich guy thing when I have to wait for a refund from Altra before I can order... I actually figured out the cost and the kit doesnt come with the laces I want, so I would have to order them in addition to, so my total would be $50. The cost of the Venado with leather with the laces I want with the discount is $52. For $2 I will gladly order some already made without me having to make them myself...

sheldon, you just took the fun away. :( damn logic.

Hmmm, don't really think its a rich guy thing when I have to wait for a refund from Altra before I can order... I actually figured out the cost and the kit doesnt come with the laces I want, so I would have to order them in addition to, so my total would be $50. The cost of the Venado with leather with the laces I want with the discount is $52. For $2 I will gladly order some already made without me having to make them myself...
Hope I don't regret not getting the leather toped lunas...tell me how you like thme when they come in!

Hope I don't regret not getting the leather toped lunas...tell me how you like thme when they come in!
Will do. They will just be my everyday sandals and maybe my dry day running sandals, we'll see. Hoping that refund hit's my account today from Altra. Luna can be slower than molasses with processing orders and I would like to get this order placed with them as soon as possible.

Will do. They will just be my everyday sandals and maybe my dry day running sandals, we'll see. Hoping that refund hit's my account today from Altra. Luna can be slower than molasses with processing orders and I would like to get this order placed with them as soon as possible.
I here you there.
I'd love to get these for casual wear after races etc.
would be great to have for IBRD post race footware

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7