Need help from fellow Luna Sandal Wearers

Makamaespm

Barefooters
May 19, 2016
Background: I recently picked up a pair of Luna Mono's with the performance lace and MGT footbed. They have become my go to shoe when going out and about. The laces are perfect and I forget I'm wearing them. but I want them to be my backup protection vs carrying traditional shoes when running. I'm still easing into barefooting and I'm also in a new area and therefore still run routes, trails, and what not so I like having that protection to fall back on.

Issue: After 3 runs I'm struggling to keep my forefeet from sliding towards the outside. It gets so bad that my last 2 toes are hitting the ground and then I have to stop and slide my feet back. What adjustments do I need to make to stop it? Is it a lacing issue or a foot landing issue?

Happy Friday!

Usually, the pressure of the toe post against the inside web of your big toe would be keeping your forefoot from going sideways. Is the post further 'out' on your toe where there's more lateral movement? If that's the case, if you adjust the lacing so that your foot is further 'forward' on the sole that might help.
IMG_4765.jpg

Is the issue happen while running only? If so maybe you're "reaching", overstriding in plain english. Hard to say but that's my guess. Yes, you can overstride and still run forefoot.

Usually, the pressure of the toe post against the inside web of your big toe would be keeping your forefoot from going sideways. Is the post further 'out' on your toe where there's more lateral movement? If that's the case, if you adjust the lacing so that your foot is further 'forward' on the sole that might help.

just from looking at your picture, the only difference is the placement of the buckle it's slightly higher. I'm not a fan of the Velcro strap, but i'll lower the buckle and use the strap to hold the heel in place.

Is the issue happen while running only? If so maybe you're "reaching", overstriding in plain english. Hard to say but that's my guess. Yes, you can overstride and still run forefoot.

yeah, it's only when I'm running. i'll take a video with and without the sandals to see if there is a change in my form.

It may be worthwhile to send an email to Luna Customer Service. I had a similar issue when I started in lunas and got this note:

"I got some tips for you. First as you know our lace is one continuous lace. So every time you tighten one section it affects the next section.

To start I would slide your buckle closer to your toes/ play with that placement. Then I would tighten the section of the lace between your toes to your outer side hole. Get that tight so that it goes diagonally across your foot. Depending on how much you tighten you might have to give some slack to your heel section. Once those two section feel right. You can tighten down your buckle, throw on your tech strap and give it another go.

Here are a couple videos to help you get going.

Let me know if you need any other assistance,"

I found that by moving the buckle closer to my toes, and by wearing them about as tightly as I thought I could handle, the side to side issues went away.

"To start I would slide your buckle closer to your toes/ play with that placement. Then I would tighten the section of the lace between your toes to your outer side hole. Get that tight so that it goes diagonally across your foot. Depending on how much you tighten you might have to give some slack to your heel section. Once those two section feel right. You can tighten down your buckle, throw on your tech strap and give it another go."

I have a nice and slow recovery run tomorrow i'll give these tips a try and let you know how it goes. Thanks all for the tips!

Reactions: Tyler J L

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts