My yearly nemesis

For kids who like to "peek" and end up ripping their presents' wrapping, use duct tape instead! Ha!

I consider myself to be a fair expert in gift wrapping. My mom taught me, as with so many other things, and then I apply my perfectionism from my dad lol. My wife just bags everything because she doesn't want to spend the time wrapping. But then I don't care for that because bags are WAY more expensive than a couple rolls of wrapping paper.

So I'm a cheap@$$ perfectionist expert gift wrapper... who also procrastinates and waits until the last minute lol :p

Reactions: skedaddle
I don't like bags because they are really, really expensive, and the kids will just peek inside them.

Well I am glad I am not the only one who can't wrap a present to save his life. My wife bans me to the family room with a nice frosty lager every year because, she doesn't like to explain to the kids why Santa has such colourful language. See my plan is completely coming together, no wrapping duty and beer to boot. Got to love Christmas.

Well as a big kid who likes to "peek," "poke," "prod," one of the presents labeled to me feels remarkably like socks, and if said package does contain socks I'm off to my cave to sulk and I'm taking the eggnog with me!

THIS....is why they invented the gift bag, people! Use the technology that has been put before you! Whomever came up with the gift bag deserves a Nobel prize.

As for "some assembly required" my brother and I often marveled at the amount of cuss-words out of "Santa's" mouth in the middle of the night.
+1
yep, gift bags satisfy that cultural demand to waste lots of paper in the name of 5 seconds of mystery, while still giving you the option of reusing them later in a gift if you are the recipient. We save all our gift bags and reuse them. Wrapping is a nonissue, with a few exceptions.

Or take sillyC's suggestion and tie one on before you wrap anything, or before you don't wrap anything. tis the season

Reactions: Lomad
There's another problem - it seems like we can't ever seem to save any bags and the ones that we do have my wife doesn't want to reuse. She wants to buy new ones. Every. Single. Time.

Reactions: NickW
Well as a big kid who likes to "peek," "poke," "prod," one of the presents labeled to me feels remarkably like socks, and if said package does contain socks I'm off to my cave to sulk and I'm taking the eggnog with me!
If they know you at all, it's gloves. If it's toe-socks, at least they're making an effort to understand...

Reactions: Barefoot TJ

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test