My take on a couple of pairs of Inov-8s

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by ElyDave, Jan 25, 2013.

1. ElyDave

ElyDave
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. United Kingdom

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. NickW

NickW
    Expand Collapse

Nice review ElyDave. I've tried the F-lite 195 which were way too narrow for me and also the road-x lite 155 which are ok, but not great. Something funny near the heel in them which I don't like plus something with them caused me knee pain. I've been really curious about those bare-x 180's so it was nice to see your take on them. The X-Talon 190's are just too much shoe for me as I don't really get to run trails much. They would be great here though it sounds like with all our rain we get if I did run on the muddy trails.

3. ElyDave

ElyDave
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. United Kingdom

Thanks Nick, I took a slighlty larger size to allow for winter socks, maybe that's made a difference.

I think the X-Talons would be a great match for some of those mountains in the Pacific North West. It's the opposite problem around me, pretty flat, but the lanes I run are chewed up by the tractors and as it's heavy clay soil you end up sliding around all over the place.

4. NickW

NickW
    Expand Collapse

Maybe, but I've noticed not every model has the same fit. I tried on the Bare-x 150's thinking those would be great but they were too narrow for me. The road-x 155 on the other hand are plenty wide enough though which I think is on the same last as the bare-x 180 if I remember correctly, only with a 4mm drop.

5. BFwillie_g

BFwillie_g
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. New York
    2. Germany &...

Thanks Dave!

Quality would be an issue for me if I were to try a pair of Inov-8s. The last few pairs I had all had issues like adhesives that didn't hold and uneven stitching. I remember one pair of f-lites where one of the shoes used about 1/4 less lace than the other because the tops were sewn differently.

Take a close look at yours if you have a chance. Do you notice any anomolies?

Actually, I know for a fact that I wouldn't feel comfortable in Inov-8s anymore because they're too narrow and have too much arch support for me.

Still, even with all that, I remain a fanboy for some reason. They're just cool shoes B-)

6. ElyDave

ElyDave
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. United Kingdom

Nice to see you still around here Willie.

Their facebook page has just said that they are releasing wider versions of the F-Lites, maybe they'll work for you. Funny you say that the arch support is too big, neither pair that I have have any arch to speak of, certainly much less than the Merrell Trail Gloves. For me they just feel snug rather than feeling anything under the arch, but then I guess everyone's foots is not the same.

I'll take a look for any quality details.

7. BFwillie_g

BFwillie_g
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. New York
    2. Germany &...

ebenfalls, danke :)

It's been a few years since my last experiences with Inov-8, and never had any of their most-minimal models. Still hard for me to imagine them not being too narrow for me today. So, I should have mentioned that earlier!

The Trail Gloves that I've seen/tried had more like a rockplate under the arch.