My New Soft Star Moc3s

curraheeeasyc

Barefooters
Jul 6, 2011
Panama City, FL
So I just started BFR a few weeks ago, and I'm up to 1.5 miles BF. I have to have some sort of shoe for Air Force PT and PT Test, so after much debate and research I ordered the Soft Star Moc 3s.
I got them today and went for a 1.5 miler in them, and they surpassed my expectations. Ran without socks, and there were no sweat or slipping problems, which I was somewhat worried about since there are no laces or straps to secure the shoe (I know 1.5 miles is not far, but the "Real Feel" temp here is 96 and humidity is 70%). I could feel pebbles that I stepped on, and when the surface chanced to a rougher asphalt. They were light, and insignificant enough that I never reverted to heel striking for even a step. I was able to maintain a consistent 180 SPM or higher cadence. I'm going to probably only do 1 run per week in them, or when I otherwise can't run BF (heat, PT, etc), because I want to primarily run barefoot, but I was more than ecstatic about the Moc 3s. I'm not trying to write a full review or anything, but I haven't seen much on here about them, so this is just a little input for those who don't necessarily want a traditional style (Altra, NB) minimalist shoe. These are my first minimalist shoe, so I'm by no means an expert, but I'm happy to answer any questions about them.

Welcome!  If you do write a

Welcome! If you do write a full review on them, please add it to our Product Review link at top. It has all sorts of ratings for weight, flexibility, zero drop, etc. Your feedback on these would be very helpful to others.

We should move this thread to the Gear & Footwear forum. Okay, C?

No problem, C.  We just like

No problem, C. We just like to keep the shoe talk in the shoe forum, so-to-speak. Keeps the barefoot runners from going nuts around here, unlike over at that other place. ;-)