My inked foot/leg. I got this piece done about a month ago and just had some touch ups/adds yesterda

Zum - haven't listened to Zap

Zum - haven't listened to Zap Mama in years, but was turned on to them through some of David Byrne's stuff after he left the Talking Heads.

So you must be a dancer as well? I'm totally jealous. I don't have a coordinated bone in my body, but love music.

I just picked up doing mehndi/henna only a few months ago... been toying with the idea of apprenticing for a tattoo artist, however, am really enjoying the art of henna and its organic, constantly evolving nature. Plus the freehand stuff is a lot of fun. I don't do it "professionally", but on myself and my friends. I mix and "turp" my own paste, roll my own cones and I have my own free hand style which changes depending on my mood and the placement on the body. Henna and painting are my fi-yah! and inspiration but graphic design is how my husband and I earn our living (kmcreative.com).

That is so awesome Zap, henna

That is so awesome Zap, henna is some pretty awesome stuff. I have actually never had a henna, have henna'ed my hair though;) I have huge appreciation for tattoo artists and their artistic talents (there are lots of tattooers out there that are just that and sadly tattoos get a bad rap because of them when those tattoos head out into the public lookin a lot less than beautiful art). That would be a pretty cool apprenticeship.

Hoop, we're looking into straytats.com. We'll get some artwork uploaded there and links to those designs into the store. Hopefully soon. If you've got any ideas for artwork you'd like to see offered, pm me and I'll get them uploaded there. We'll do the logo for sure, and TJ was thinking the upside-down swoosh. I would like to come up with some sort of ribbon (that looks like a barefoot) and text in "support barefooters". Hmm, maybe Zap with your artistic abilities could help draw something up? (can you turn a barefoot print into a ribbon---like the support the troops, etc ribbons?)

I appreciate your opinion

I appreciate your opinion Hoop, and thinking of it, I guess I do agree that it is overdone a bit. It came to me while driving away from the post office and the car in front of me had at leasta 3 different ribbons on it:p Let me know if you have any other ideas.

That's beautiful, Zumba!!

That's beautiful, Zumba!!

Thanks C

Thanks C :)

Yay for new ink! Looks great.

Yay for new ink! Looks great. I'm a fan of the simple, swoopy, feminine but not girly look. What does the other kanji mean?

I imagine the needle on the toes tickles, but you're right, the ribs are the worst. I put a big shark on my right side, took about three hours, said I'm never doing that again. Few years later I've got a four and a half hour tiki on the other flank. That was all kinds of please-stop-hurting-me suck.

But enough about me...does this call for a Show Us Your Ink thread?

I think it does!

I think it does!

Sweet, tat thread I'm up for.

Sweet, tat thread I'm up for. The foot needs a little touching up, to be honese right under the ankle bone on the outside was the most tender spot. Other than that it was fine, ribs yes...ouch!

Very nice tats!  My wife has

Very nice tats! My wife has all the ink in my family.

I just get my feet pedicured and have my nails done in some fire engine red sort of color in the summer time to show off a little on my BF runs.

haha JT, nice....don't you

haha JT, nice....don't you think that fire engine red is a tad out of season though, you may want to look into something more summery ;)

Liz, I love that tat!! Very cool. Did you come up with the design yourself?