My IBRD experience.

Barefoot Gentile

Barefooters
Apr 5, 2010
Fairfield, CT
I planned a running event meet-up, but realized I was running a half marathon that day as well. Luckily no one responded to the event.

I ran a half marathon in Redding, CT with a time of 1:47:13 placed 72 out of 470 runners. Hilly course and gravel roads, which came to me as surprise but being a barefoot runner you need to expect the unexpected. The gravel roads were very challenging at one point it consisted of sharp golf ball rocks, honestly I have no clue how I got over them, that's why I love the adrenaline you get in a race atmosphere. It was a fun race and was glad to be representing on IBRD.

Here are some pics.

2013 Redding Road Race 181.JPG2013 Redding Road Race 182.JPG

I planned a running event meet-up, but realized I was running a half marathon that day as well. Luckily no one responded to the event.

I ran a half marathon in Redding, CT with a time of 1:47:13 placed 72 out of 470 runners. Hilly course and gravel roads, which came to me as surprise but being a barefoot runner you need to expect the unexpected. The gravel roads were very challenging at one point it consisted of sharp golf ball rocks, honestly I have no clue how I got over them, that's why I love the adrenaline you get in a race atmosphere. It was a fun race and was glad to be representing on IBRD.

Here are some pics.

View attachment 2044View attachment 2045

Like it.
Nice job on the race Adam. Congrats!

The grass looks lovely!

hmmm now I feel like a wimp for wearing my mocs for my upcoming half, but since I am a wimp AND everyone has their own levvel of progess, I'm just going to stick to being a wimp for now! Regardless, I am inspired by your report and will keep working on my barefoot toughness.

Nice running Adam!

hmmm now I feel like a wimp for wearing my mocs for my upcoming half, but since I am a wimp AND everyone has their own levvel of progess, I'm just going to stick to being a wimp for now!

Wimps don't run half marathons at all!

Nice race. Way to represent even on gravel ;)
Still not easy with adrenaline

Great job! If that gravel slowed you down, your time didn't show it. Alternatively, how much faster would you have run on a regular old road? :)

In any event, you done good!

Thanks! I was shooting for a solid 8:00 pace, but just didn't maintain it. After the second off road section, I was at a 8:10 pace and just didn't have enough steam to push it back up to 8:00. I have another half in June which i run every year, definitely shooting for 8 or maybe slightly under, we will see.

Reactions: Barefoot Dama