My first sarcastic comment by a shod person.

Discussion in 'The Barefoot Pub' started by barefoot kean, Jul 11, 2010.

1. BFwillie_g

BFwillie_g
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. New York
    2. Germany &...

Had one of the best comments ever in all my time of running, though it wasn't specifically about BF'ing.

I always wear colorful, functional doo-rags on my head these days and last Sunday we (Leni and I) were running past a pony-riding group of little kids, 3-somethings with Moms and Dads walking along with them. A few seconds after passing a family, I heard this tiny little voice, very objectively and neutrally say,

"A pirate"

That was sooooo sweet! She didn't start jumping up and down and screeching that there was a pirate running past. It was just an observation, like she could have been pointing out a cat crossing the path, or an apple on the ground. Like seeing (barefoot) pirates running down the pathway is an everyday event.

I had to turn around and give her a big thumbs up, and the parents laughed their heads off :D

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Barefoot TJ likes this.
  2. The Ramzev

The Ramzev
    Expand Collapse
    Chapter Presidents
    1. Delaware

I have a shirt I run in that says "Certified Running Nut" It's a sorta running club I'm in. So for me, the answer would have been "Why yes, yes I am nuts. See, it says it right on my damn shirt."

dutchie53 likes this.
  3. Barefoot TJ

Barefoot TJ
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    1. Test Chapter
    2. Nomad
    3. Hidden...
    4. Hidden...

That is SO sweet, Willie. Probably the most precious comment I have ever heard (read). You do seem like a pirate though. ;)