My first sarcastic comment by a shod person.

I passed a couple who were

I passed a couple who were walking and the woman points and says... "Aren't you afraid?" I responded, "Only of shoes", and kept on going.

People are funny.

So how many people get the

So how many people get the comment, "But doesn't it hurt?"

Of course not.. If it did I wouldn't do it. You wonder what they expect you to say. "Yes, it hurt's like hell, but I also like bondage and whipping, so I am used to it". (I am not by the way, but you have to wonder what they are thinking!)

That's my number one comment, (usually followed by, "but where's the support?").

I am a pacifict by profession

I am a pacifict by profession and convictiont but I am always wasting time at work reading up on military physical training and requirements. I'm always joking to my husband when I challenge him to match the Marines PT test "You don't have to be a Marine to be a Marine." It's not really funny, and it annoys him, especially the fake Southern accent :0. I know some Vets for Peace who've run the MCM in peacenik T-Shirts and the War Resisters League has a track club - definitely some possibilities out there for peace warriors.

Nate, my blood father was a

Nate, my blood father was a Marine-Navy Seal. Some special unit that did underwater demolition. My real dad (my stepdad) was in the Navy too. My brother-in-law just retired as a Commander in the Navy. He worked with the Seabees. They rebuilt schools, bridges, roadways, in Iraq. He served several tours in both Gulf wars. I am mega proud of him. My husband was a Marine as well. I am mega proud of him too.

Kittyk wrote: So how many

Kittyk said:
So how many people get the comment, "But doesn't it hurt?"

Of course not.. If it did I wouldn't do it. You wonder what they expect you to say. "Yes, it hurt's like hell, but I also like bondage and whipping, so I am used to it". (I am not by the way, but you have to wonder what they are thinking!)

That's my number one comment, (usually followed by, "but where's the support?").

I get that one alot too. I just tell them it feels like a foot massage. One guy playing frisbee golf actually took off his shoes and socks and was barefoot all the way up til I left. I've seen him and his buddies several times since on my short runs and he is still barefoot? Never know who you will influence, always pays to be nice to people!

I pretty much say the same;

I pretty much say the same; that it's kind of like a reflexology session...That you get used to running with no shoes and to take it slowly.

I don't say "Yes, it hurts... etc..", it's just I can see that they are expecting you to say it.

I always am nice to people when they ask about why I run like I do; have to keep the cause going. :)

Hey!  That's my line!  "It

Hey! That's my line! "It feels like a foot massage."

Not at all.  I'm all about

Not at all. I'm all about spreading the love. Feel free to use all of my comebacks, and I will feel free to use all of yours. Seriously, I'm not clamining it as my own...now Running Nike Free 0.0, that one IS MINE. Ha!

No, it's not theirs.  They

No, it's not theirs. They don't have a 0.0 version...but I do! Pttttth! I bet they caught wind of my signature and stole it from me, because they never used 0.0 in their advertisements for Nike Free...not until I came along.

Didn't they have a 4.0? What happened to that? They must have phased it out...for some reason.

My best comments are:You

My best comments are:

You must be from North Carolina

Nope, California

Ah, of course

You are going to get plantar warts

Already have them

You know, there is a lot of rough stuff on that trail

Yes, thank you, I just finished running it :)

YOU ARE A BEAST! (I got this at a mud run on the Little Creek Amphibious Base!)

Runner #1: OMG, look she isn't wearing shoes!

Runnner #2: ..and she is passing us!

After running the half marathon at the Outer Banks, I came across someone on a forum that said he was about 30 seconds behind me the whole way and heard many comments in my wake. Said it kept him very entertained :)

I have to bring this up... 

I have to bring this up... My sister runs in VFFs (a pair I gave her.) She doesn't run barefoot...yet. She got a plantar wart right at about the same time you did, Wendy. She was too chicken Sh!t to have it removed though like you did; apparently, she lacks the kahunas you have. Hee. Anywho, she elected to use that freeze crap every night. Now five weeks later, she still can't run, and her wart looks like this. Now mind you, it was flat and the size of a nickle, but the more you use this freeze stuff, the more it sucks it out and brings it to a head. I mean is this gross or what?! I told her last night to get to the doctor and quit being such a sissy! It gives me the freakin' ibby-gibbies!

I think with the home

smilieeek2.gif

I think with the home freeze stuff you are supposed to shave it down with a razor each time to get the top layers off, ACK! I'm not sure I'd have the huevos to get it done again, it hurt like hell!

A group of girls offered to

A group of girls offered to buy me shoes on a run a few weeks back. That same week someone else called me a fag for not wearing shoes. Other than that, people have been fairly silent about it. I've heard the standard "doesn't it hurt" comment a few times though. A guy I ran with a couple of weeks back just assumed it did and suggested I'd get a shirt he'd seen with "Of course it f-ing hurts" on it. I told him I'm not a liar so it just wouldn't work...

lol, BlindBoy, wouldn't the

lol, BlindBoy, wouldn't the stereotypes about homosexuality imply that 'fags' would run with the most fabulous designer shoes? Possibly with spangles?

Yeah, I kind of thought that

Yeah, I kind of thought that too even though the gay guys I know are way more "manly" than my straight friends...

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test