My first 5 mile adventure.....by accident, I swear!

Barefoot Mary

Barefooters
Jul 27, 2010
Denver, CO
So yesterday I was going for a pleasent 3 mile barefoot run, exploring my new Colorado neighborhood. Lovely day. Couldn't stay inside. I drew up a route on mapmyrun.com and intended to follow it.

Unfortunately, I took a wrong turn in a park and ended up running 5 miles barefoot and walking (barefoot) 2 miles home. AGH!!! I got lost barefoot! Which is a lot different than getting lost shod!

It was pretty fun though! By the end my back and knees felt better than when I've run 5 miles previously shod. I walked under the freeway twice, which is a gutsy adventure becuase there's a lot of glass shards about. My feet really ignored the terrain like pros tho :)

Surprisingly, my soles aren't torn up at all! Just tender. Tender tender tender. And my feet feel great...after vigorus icing. At least, they aren't dead. I'm really surprised I didn't break anything. The calves are fine but I'm sure they'll flame up tonight. It seems to take 24 hours for my muscles to wake up and tell me that that I suck.

I'm gonna wear the most cushy foot coffins I can find at work today.

So that's my adventure.

Anyone else ever gotten lost on a barefoot run?

Also...I ran around a lake and stepped right in goose poop. That made me laugh. A lot.

I never go completely lost

I never go completely lost but I followed unplanned route. Now I alway tuck my sandals in my shorts just in case. apait of old solks would work too.

Congratulations for your 5 miles milestone!

Well, congrats on your

Well, congrats on your unplanned distance PR.

Wouldn't that be a 7 mile

Wouldn't that be a 7 mile long "haul?" This is one of those adventures you will always treasure.

Yeah, it definitely is going

Yeah, it definitely is going to be a good memory...! I guess it was 7 miles total but really only 5 miles running.

I'll have to remember to pack some kind of footwear next time I'm feeling ambitious and curious! It's been 2 days since and my soles are smooth and happy. Only my left foot is still complaining but with more ice it will heal quick methinks. :)

I've stuffed socks in my bra

I've stuffed socks in my bra before on those runs I felt if I needed something, I would be covered. Yea, I got the looks, but hey!

My very second run last May,

My very second run last May, BF on a trail near my house, I ended up doing 3.5 to 4 miles when I'd intended to do only 2. I had to walk the last quarter mile on crushed stone, too. Ugh! I'd forgotten that one. No permanent harm done, just really uncomfortable on the feet.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts