My feet have begun to itch when I don't run...

Hysterical avatar, Dima!

Look up capillaries; maybe there's something there.

I've read in a few places that hot asphalt or sand is the quickest way to encourage sole development, but here in the UK we don't get much chance to try that. However, I did get invited to a race meeting on one of the hottest days of the year and despite my daughter's disapproving looks couldn't resist taking my shoes off. The asphalt surface was quite broken and rough and very hot on the sun and I couldn't resist rolling my soles onto it - it was one of those 'exquisite pain' things like wobbling a tooth when you are a kid. My soles thickened up so much over the next week they were quite itchy with growth and I wondered if I'd overdone it.

Just this moment came across a reference on p 102 of The Barefoot Book where the writer confirms that sole development may well be accompanied by itching as the epidermis is built up. He says it typically lasts 4-8 weeks.

The Barefoot Book confirms that sole development may well be accompanied by itching as the epidermis is built up. He says it typically lasts 4-8 weeks.

Well, that explains it then. I really like that book too, excellent source of information about BF lifestyle. It was my very first book I read at the beginning of my transition.

Just this moment came across a reference on p 102 of The Barefoot Book where the writer confirms that sole development may well be accompanied by itching as the epidermis is built up. He says it typically lasts 4-8 weeks.

Interesting find! It does make sense, but this is happening some two years after i began to pad along un-shod. I'm wondering if that means anything... I have however found a large rock in my yard and have been sanding my feet down. I do like to leave a pile of myself for others to find.

This book though, I've never heard of it, but I'm getting it.

Interesting find! It does make sense, but this is happening some two years after i began to pad along un-shod. I'm wondering if that means anything... I have however found a large rock in my yard and have been sanding my feet down. I do like to leave a pile of myself for others to find.
I've been a barefooter for a long time, but extended barefoot running on abrasive or even bruising surfaces brings its own unique pleasures. Lately I've been leaving my headlamp at home during early morning runs so I'm forced to embrace the little rocks and tree-debris that litter my urban routes. I love the post-run tingle. If I smoked, I would light up a cigarette.

For further discussion, check out: http://www.thebarefootrunners.org/t...-can-it-become-too-much-of-a-good-thing.6986/

Wonderful opening post in that thread Bare Lee haha. I do know what you mean. I need to buy a belt grinder.....

The only time my tingling honestly bothers me is when im trying to sleep. Is it okay to use a bunch of lotion on my feet? I dont want to soften up...

Reactions: Bare Lee
i've taken to sleeping with a pillow under my feet because they can get so hot and tingly. it helps a little.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts