My El Scorcho 50K Training Plan - Constructive Feedback Welcome!

Got some rock tape today. I noticed a couple things about my good runs - they were on trails, I had rested a few days before, and on a good trail run with Bubba Hotep, I had used KT tape. So I am going to see how this tape feels on my last 4 mile run Saturday, then cross train a little during the week.

Oh, and I have been doing the majority of my non-long runs in the hottest part of the day. My night 18 mile run a couple weeks back almost felt cool at 85 degrees.

get a massage or do some rolling, trigger point therapy for your sore shins. they are over firing and that's why they are tender.

Reactions: dutchie53
i usually roll then nap. takes a lot out of me. i'm quite twisted it seems.

Just wanted to tell you guys good luck and have a great race. Look forward to your reports.

Kind of jealous, I don't have any ultra races planned in the future. Thinking about one in November (Bootlegger 50k), but I plan to do several ultra training distances in the mean time.

Well, more details in blog, but basically my ankle was not ready... well. It may have been ready if I had just gone slow like I did on my 25 mile run, but going faster made it blow up by 25K. I guess running hard on a flat, road like course in more minimalist shoes than I had been training in was not smart, looking back. Kind of a bummer. I think it is just inflamed right now and hope to get back to training soon. Hopefully I will be able to make Cactus Rose in October, which is a completely different kind of running.