My drug

Nyal

Chapter Presidents
May 13, 2010
Sometimes, like today, I feel like I am the most undisciplined runner in history. I cannot seem to bring myself to limit my running the the BF miles. I find it hard because I am running 6 or 7 miles a week and I usually do 20 to 25.

I am trying to limit myself to BF for the rest of the transition for 2 reasons:

1. to get my form better and speed the transition, and also I hate carrying the shoes for 2 miles of a 5 mile run.

2. I have a long lasting tendonitis issue in the left leg that has rendered the left foot much weaker than the right. I really need to cut back on my mile to give it a chance to heal. Also, I believe I am getting away with some really bad form issues in the shoes that is keeping the foot from getting better. BF, I am forced to work it more.

Today, I nearly succumbed to temptation and ran a regular route after my short BF route. I am addicted to running, but I need to cut back to run better eventually.

I think I will give my shoes to a friend to guard them until it snows again.

Is this a good way to go, to limit my running to BF? I should be back to my original 20 to 25 miles in August, but until then I get shivers.

Passing your shoes off to a

Passing your shoes off to a friend...that's a unique idea.

very much an addict's move

very much an addict's move to have someone hide your shoes from you...love it. my advice would be to either stay the course you're on and practice patience or get some other minimal type shoes that will allow you to still work on your form but give you a little more padding so you can get more miles in. something like the saucony a4 might be a good option. it's a very minimal racing flat that is also kind of stiff rather than cushiony so you get better feedback than you would in a really cushiony shoe.

I say freeze your shoes in a

I say freeze your shoes in a block of ice and keep them in the freezer till fall!

I'm addicted to barefoot running too but I do cross train with swimming and biking which are plenty fun but not like trail running fun but still good. Try cross training till you transition to higher barefoot miles.