My 1 Year Anniversary! (with before & after pics)

Barefoot Mary

Barefooters
Jul 27, 2010
Denver, CO
Hey everyone!

I just wanted to share that it's my 1-Year Anniversary running barefoot this month & I'm happy as can be! Mid June, 2010 I began this journey and since then I've experienced many miles of happy running (100+ miles, since last time I checked I was beyond the 80s last winter...I only count my skin-to-ground miles) :)

In the past year I've run three 5ks bare, one 7k bare, one 10k in water shoes, and another 10k completely barefoot.

It's been a fun journey and I'm awfully glad I took a picture of my feet before I began! So, without further ado, here are my before & after photos:

June 2010

June 2011

---

Thanks to you all for the inspiration and learning you have brought to me. And especially thanks to T.J. for putting together this wonderful community!!!

Cheers,

_Mary

Well the new pictures

Well the new pictures definitely look more toned to me! My 1 year comes up in October and I wish I'd taken before pics so I could compare!

Way to go!

Ps: it looks like your second toes kind of "nose down" in the new pics vs the old ones... Does it seem that way to you? I have been noticing a similar thing with mine lately, and think it's something that has been a developing thing, but I don't have a point of reference from before I started.

Yeah, my knuckles are crazy

Yeah, my knuckles are crazy now and usually bent! It seems like everything has straightened out. I find it weird that my first 2 toes starting out were curved away from my big toe. Donno why they would've done that. These photos, now that I look at them, are kinda like weight-loss photos. My feet were so...fat...before? Strange chubby useless feets...

Congratulations for your one

Congratulations for your one year of barefoot running.

Now that my toes are bare I wear more nail polish than before, even in the Winter. It's my running 'footwear'. I love the color of yours.

I think your 'before' picture doesn't look bad, probably thanks to all those early years of barefoot playing. But the 'after' picture definately looks more athletic.

Well thank you too, Mary, for

Well thank you too, Mary, for being a part of this community and sharing your experiences with others to help them on along. Wow! It's been a whole year you've been with us. Excellent. I love the polish color! I have got to get that!

Most definitley toned. The

Most definitley toned. The early pics looks like they just came out of a cast (well I guess technically they did). Just out of curiosity did your feet hurt when you wore shoes before bfr?

Happy Anniversary! Great

Happy Anniversary! Great looking feet! They're looking strong :)

Thanks all!Abide - My feet

Thanks all!

Abide - My feet didn't hurt until they came out of the shoes and started growing / getting stronger / lots of TOFP at first... I always wore pretty comfortable, wide shoes though. High heels have always been a problem for me. Now they're impossible! :D

Major difference!  Did you

Major difference! Did you loose weight in the year you've been barefooting? You feet look so much more trim and strong in the after! I love the sock lines in the before pic! LOL!

Congrats on your mile stone!

-Jonny