Munich 24h Run! BF team forming up now!

Oh, and did you get the font emails I sent? I think you can download it from the net for free.

Oh, and did you get the font emails I sent? I think you can download it from the net for free.

check your email, Boss

thanks for the feedback! Here's the next version (occurred to me that this could be used by other chapters, you just change the name and the colors of the swooshy-flag thing... speaking of the swooshy-flag thing, it's just a quick "placeholder" for now, but I think it looks pretty much all right already ...)

BRS_Banner2.png

Reactions: Footsie
That's good too. Maybe center the URL under the logo?

ok, next version.

TJ - in order to center the URL and have it all look balanced, I had to open up the letter spacing in the word "society". I feel that this change would be positive for the logo in general.

The German text says: " Less Shoe, More You! " (it rhymes in German, too). I like the little running man, lol. I hope others agree that he should stay.

I'd like it to say "Germany Chapter" in German as well, but I don't know what to call it. I'm waiting for feedback from other people ...
BRS_Banner3.png

Overall impression: Great! Thanks for doing this, I appreciate it very much!

Some details (see you mail, too):
Why not "Deutschland" instead of "Germany Chapter"?
Could the name of the Chapter be blue, too?
I´m neither a fan of rhymes nor of slogans, personal taste.
I also recognize the runner from your draft that didn´t win the vote ;)
Sorry, it´s still not my favorite.

I vote for the clean style: The logo, the globe, the swoosh, and simply the word "Deutschland". The swoosh could be a little stronger (thicker lines).

Again, you asked for feedback and I´m giving you my opinion which is in part criticism. But you´re doing a great job here. Please don´t take it personally!

check your email, Boss

thanks for the feedback! Here's the next version (occurred to me that this could be used by other chapters, you just change the name and the colors of the swooshy-flag thing... speaking of the swooshy-flag thing, it's just a quick "placeholder" for now, but I think it looks pretty much all right already ...)

View attachment 459

I like this one best. I would only change two things: "Deutschland" instead of "Germany Chapter". Chances are that someone assumes that one can write in German when there´s already a German word on the flag.
And I´d print it in dark-blue, like the word in the logo, so it sticks out more.

lol, no problem, Jo, the slogan was really just a placeholder, in case anyone else had a better suggestion ... I just wanted to have something in German on it.

ok, here we go again. The little running guy is still there, but I'm not in love with him. I really think there has to be some kind of "witz" in the thing somewhere.

I was thinking it might look good to have "Deutschland" written in the same hand-script as the T-Shirts. Of course I don't know what font that is, alas.

Speaking of Deutschland - the two words "Germany Chapter" look better from the design POV. It'd be really good if we could say "Deutschland Chapter", or whatever the correct word for "Chapter" is in German. I don't know what to write. But a second word would be good!

Also, nothing stands out if everything is the same color. I think the green makes the German side of the flag stand out more. But here it is in blue (dasselbe in blau, lol!)

The swoosh is a little kräftiger, too. I tend toward the finer lines of the original ...

btw, the work is simple but the uploading and waiting for someone to comment is a PITA (do you know what PITA stands for?)

BRS_Banner4.png

Now this one is nice! I even start to love the running guy.

How about increasing his size a little bit and moving the whole globe just a tiny little bit to the right?

I´m in love with the rest, though. The swoosh is perfect IMO, (ha!) not to bold, not to slim. Try moving it a bit further down.

And no, I don´t know what PITA stands for. I know Gyros Pita, but I´m sure this is not what you mean :)

ok.... we're up to #5 here, lol

I actually like this now, too, so I'm not inclined to change anything anymore, unless I get some real hardcore feedback... before tomorrow around noon, which is when I intend to send it to the printer's :)

Goodnite, world

BRS_Banner5.png

PITA = Pain In The A$$

I really love this logo. It's classy yet eye-catching. And I really like the globe and swoosh. That would be great on a t-shirt with a USA version. :)

well, it's really for a banner, not sure how it'd fit on at-shirt. I could probably make a USA version, too. Like I said, each chapter could use the basic design and just change the right panel according to country or state.

have you seen our t-shirts? They're pretty cool! Can't wait to have one!

BRS_T-Shirt1.jpgBRS_T-Shirt2.jpg

Johannes is right, Willie, the brush-strokes (hate to call them Swooshes!) look better thicker. I too noticed this but didn't want to nit-pik. Hee.

And if you were to use any slogan at all, it should be the BRS's slogan: Changing the running world one odd look at a time. (Ändern der Welt läuft ein seltsamen Blick zu einem Zeitpunkt. -- if it translates well enough; blame Google if it doesn't). But I don't see any room for a slogan now.

And as far as moving the lettering in the word Society, that's not our logo, but I understand why you did it.

And whether or not green "looks" better somewhere doesn't matter when it can't be seen as well from afar as a dark color can.

Looking good!

And as far as moving the lettering in the word Society, that's not our logo, but I understand why you did it.And whether or not green "looks" better somewhere doesn't matter when it can't be seen as well from afar as a dark color can.

I would really suggest making the change to the official logo, too.

And my point with the green vs blue wasn't so much that it looks better but rather that the green stands out better when the other text (in this case 2/3 of the giant logo, and the URL) is blue. And this green is dark enough to be read from a long way off... And, yeah, the green looks better, too, as a bonus.

But I'll leave it blue, I got my running man in there so I'm happy and ready to compromise! ;)

Ok, gonna be talking to the printer today! Yipppeeee :D

Sounds like a great event. If it is an annual event, I am trying to figure out a time to come over there next year. Our family stays in a small town 45 min. south of Munich.

Do it, Rick! Srsly, that'd be fantastic :D

I'm already mulling over the idea of doing it solo next year. I'm not in very good shape now but when I get this neck problem fixed once and for all, well, a 24H run has been on my to-do list for quite a while ....

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test