Munich 24h Run! BF team forming up now!

BFwillie_g

Barefooters
May 17, 2010
Kulmbach, Germany
hey ppl,

just a note in English to let you all know that a BF team is forming up to take part in the 24-hour race in Munich on the 6th/7th of June (yeah, two weeks from now, there's nothing like short-notice to generate snap responses, before ppl have a chance to really think things over).

Barefoot Mecki is putting the team together and (don't ask me how) has managed to get us invited as special guests of the organizers (meaning, no starter fee, which would normally be 750 Euro for a 12+ member team).

The course is 2.8Km and completely inside the gorgeous Olympic Park. I took a look at the finishers list from last year and saw that they attract some pretty badass talent - the winner logged over 200km (120mi). It'll be fun to watch the action when I'm not actually out on the course :)

Getting VERY pumped up about this! :barefoot:

Sounds very exciting. Pictures please! And please add your event to the Calendar and the Germany Chapter, for posterity's sake if anything.

Perfect. Thanks! And you added it to the Germany Chapter? By the end of this month, we hope to have the module in place that will link the Calendar events to their appropriate Chapters, so we don't have to double work.

Reactions: Barefoot Mecki
Update: We got the required number of members on the Barefoot Team, so it's going to be a go in Munich! We're on the entries list, toward the botton in the "zwölf-plus" (12+) section:

http://anmeldung.24h-muenchen.de/teamliste_laufbmw_2012.php

Max(Mecki) somehow got us a spot right at the Start/Finish for our team pavillon, too. We'll be holding some kind of barefoot seminars, too.

This is gonna be great! :barefoot:

Reactions: NickW
Most of all im looking foward to meeting all of the BFRS people. Its shaping up to be the BF event of the year ( at least so far ) here in Germany .... IRBD was good and all but it was too short to really get to have a good old tounge wag with people.

I love the files you sent. Sweetest BRS shirts I've ever seen. Be sure to check your email. I sent two emails to you.

They are very nice Dutchie. I've raved all about them to our German friends.

We have some different options for graphics arrangement, and AJB has a really cool one she will be adding to the store soon, so check back.

If you're talking about the gray stripes sewn into the sleeves, that's different. If Zazzle offered them, then we'd get them. Unfortunately, they don't. And of the other three tee shirt print companies, none of them have micro-tech fabric, affordable. Any others that print, those you see in the pictures, are not on demand via a store setup like we have. They are special order. Too much hassle for us to handle.

I like the Globe, but you should add the Germany flag too, no?

And the URL looks odd. I think you have it centered under the logo, but maybe is should be centered under the whole thing? Maybe make the URL letters larger?

Whatever you do, keep it generic, so you can use it at other events too.

Maybe add it just under the word Germany, so the Globe is on top, and the flag is on the bottom.

I got it! Make the logo and the URL right in the center, then put the Globe on the left of it and the flag on the right with Germany Chapter under it. Of course, center from top to bottom as well.

Also, I wonder if making all the lettering blue (instead of green) would show up better from far away.

If you like these ideas, and can mock this up, I'd like to see your next draft.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS