MovNat!

Abide

Barefooters
May 13, 2010
Has anyone here ever attended one of Erwan's MovNat courses? If so would you care to share how the workouts structured and what kind a variability is used? I have read about the concepts but was curious to know more about his actual design.

As far as I can tell, the

As far as I can tell, the workout is as follows: 1) Go to Thailand, 2) Climb some trees, 3) Jump from trees, 4) Run around barefoot, 5) Lift heavy rocks and throw them.

I've been looking for stuff on this as well, and I can't find anything except videos of Erwin doing crazy acrobatics

I'm sure Jason could hook you

I'm sure Jason could hook you guys up with Erwan, now that they're all chumy and stuff. Send him a PM.

From my google research I

From my google research I found that it is very similar to crossfit style workouts with the added in strength bias piece.

Or

1. Warmup

2. Lift heavy stuff

3. Circuit repeats with different movements (metcons)

The big difference is obviously what you are lifting, instead of weight you use whatever you can find (rocks, logs, snad bags etc..), but you can use weights if that is what is available. And there is a little more variability, such as repeat box jumps are out instead they choose varying jumps. Then they also do more fighting and swimming.

Like Saypay said, it would work great at my place in the mountains in Colorado, but here in the city it is a little more difficult to find boulders to throw and trees to climb around without getting in trouble. The gym already doesn't like me from constantly testing them with going barefoot, can you imagine if I started tarzan swinging on the machines and jumping across benches?

I was thinking about that,

I was thinking about that, Jason, your plaid skirt. Have you ever thought about wearing plaid compression sleeves and leggings to match? That would make a smashing outfit!

Jason, isn't that what you

Jason, isn't that what you are? :evil:

HEY, you guys!  You be nice

HEY, you guys! You be nice to Jason. I'm the only one around here who gets to pick on him! You're making me jealous!

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test

Latest posts