Mouth is for eating nose is for breathing

+1 for snot rocketeers!

Also, this time of year is especially "fluid" as bodies handle the changeover to milder weather. One other suggestion is to just get used to wiping one's drips with the back of one's wrist or whatever. We're runners! We're gross!

Thanks yeah that was exactly what I am hoping get out of the nose breathing, to slow my pace on the uphills. My normal ultra strategy is to walk all the ups and run the flats and downs. But even with walking you can definitely get out of the aerobic range.

i can't do snot rockets! my nose runs while i run. should i say just drips? i will carry a hankie in the winter and then just continually wipe my nose other times with my hand which i then wipe on my shorts since that's all i wear.

I just let it run (I mean my nose ). Just before reentering civilization I use a handkerchief to clean up a bit. A face full of dried (or humid) snot seems to be even more weird for my neighbors than my bare feet. :D

Reactions: migangelo
I've been practicing nose breathing for over a year now and before I hurt my right leg and had to step back from running about a month and a half ago I tried getting to the point where I had to slow down or run out of breath nose breathing and then tried opening my mouth and it didn't seem to help at all. I went right back to nose breathing and slowed down to a walk to catch my breath. That was an interesting experience. When I get back to running I'll have to see where that one goes, but it seems like mouth breathing doesn't help me get any more air at this point. I'm not in that good of shape, just a beginning runner, so this might just be one weird experience...

All the best,
Scott

Reactions: Hobbit
I just let it run (I mean my nose ). Just before reentering civilization I use a handkerchief to clean up a bit. A face full of dried (or humid) snot seems to be even more weird for my neighbors than my bare feet. :D

Ah! A woman after my own heart!...even without a beard.

Reactions: Hobbit
That's usually my sign to cut off my beard, when I start finding random pieces of candy and gel's in the shower after a race.
But I think you are right maybe it's a good time to start growing my summer beard?

It's when you find wildlife nesting in it you know you've got a proper beard ;)

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo9090