Motorcycles!

Guess I dont have a motorcycle but used to have a Honda four wheeler which was fun. Now I have a few old cars to take for a spin upon occasion. Here is my 1957 Desoto Firedome with a 341 ci hemi. Fun to drive and does get some looks.

IMG_3404.JPG

Hope the picture uploads ok as this will be my first image posted.

Reactions: Robin and Bare Lee
Guess I dont have a motorcycle but used to have a Honda four wheeler which was fun. Now I have a few old cars to take for a spin upon occasion. Here is my 1957 Desoto Firedome with a 341 ci hemi. Fun to drive and does get some looks.

View attachment 553

Hope the picture uploads ok as this will be my first image posted.
Sweet! Mid-to-late fifties cars (especially Chevies) were my favorite models to make when I was a kid.
I have a friend who has a Ford Fairlane manufactured in the same month and year as he was born.

Reactions: Robin
I used to have a dirt bike... Then I nearly decapitated myself on a barbed wire fence and my mom sold it...
Same here. My brothers and I were all on dirt bikes, and we all crashed them. I did it right before I was supposed to start two-a-days for college football (Division III--no big deal), screwed up my ankle for a month or two, never played football again, which is why I have good knees now, so it was a blessing in disguise . . .

I've had three motorcycles and put about 110k miles on them combined...in about 8 years. The first was a 2003 Suzuki Katana GS-600F. I ended up getting rid of that bike by high siding in a parking lot after a monsoon. It had moved a bunch of sand onto a portion of the road, but you couldn't tell a difference until you were on it. I had about 32,000 miles on it. I had bought it used (three years old) with 2,500 miles on it, so most of the miles were mine...hahaha. Before I had even recovered from the fractured clavicle, I bought a 2006 Buell XB12R. That was waaaaaay more bike than I ever should have bought. I was seriously afraid that I was going to kill myself on that thing. But I loved it and put about 35,000 miles on it before getting rid of it. Main reason was because the only Harley dealership in Tucson was crap. And I wasn't going to ride two hours to Phoenix or Sierra Vista to get it serviced. I just sold my 2008 Suzuki Boulevard C50. I had about 46,000 miles on it. Still ran great and I could've put another 50-75K on her easily. I have been tempted to get one here in Honolulu, but the drivers are so crazy that I doubt I'd want to ride much. Although it would be nice to take a nice ride up to the North Shore or Kailua on the weekends.

Reactions: Robin