Motorcycles!

Marco1971

Barefooters
Jun 24, 2010
Glen Ridge NJ
Ok, so who else in this BFR community also rides motorcycles?

I know they have nothing to do with each other although both interests are somewhat ... unique and frowned upon by the majority of the population.

I get frowned upon when I share that I run barefoot.

I get frowned upon when I share that I have a motorcycle.

I guess I gotta get used to the idea of being a black sheep.

Regardless, here's my mistress:

IMG_0410.jpg

IMG_0411.jpg

Who else?

:p

Reactions: Robin
Must be where you live for getting frowned on for the motorcycle... They are pretty common out here and I don't think I've ever heard any negativity about motorcyclists unless they truly are being idiots, driving mach 10, passing in between two cars on the line separating the lanes, etc. I will get me a Harley someday, but I think that may be a while. I like the cruising bikes myself.

Nah, I get frowned upon by friends and family because they call motorcycles "donorcycles" ... they are dangerous, deadly, and I will die for sure (according to most of my friends).

Same as I will step on rusty nails, glass, sharp metal and die of infection if I run barefoot.

I get frowned upon because there's a lot of negativity going around: "Don't do that or you'll get hurt!" :confused:

All of the dangers listed above are true, except that if one were to listen to all the concerns that your friends and family bring up, one would spend the rest of one's life locked in the bathroom, $hitting oneself non-stop and never doing anything else <chuckle> :D

I used to have a dirt bike... Then I nearly decapitated myself on a barbed wire fence and my mom sold it...

Ok, so who else in this BFR community also rides motorcycles?

I know they have nothing to do with each other although both interests are somewhat ... unique and frowned upon by the majority of the population.

I get frowned upon when I share that I run barefoot.

I get frowned upon when I share that I have a motorcycle.

I guess I gotta get used to the idea of being a black sheep.

Regardless, here's my mistress:

IMG_0410.jpg

IMG_0411.jpg

Who else?

:p
Very nice:)

Try a program like SnagIt. I don't think it's the site.

Did you put a Duc Monster headlight on an S3? I'm partial to the bugeye lights myself.

I have a Bonneville 790, myself (2002 - so it's carbureted; not sure why they put EFI on a Bonnie. I'll try to post as soon as I get the pics off of my old computer). I lusted after an S3 for several years (OK, still do) but now I'm more in to adventure bikes (e.g. BMW GS series; Triumph Tiger Adventurer, etc...)

not yet, but I've always wanted to learn, with the aim or buying a classic British bike

Did you put a Duc Monster headlight on an S3? I'm partial to the bugeye lights myself.

I have a Bonneville 790, myself (2002 - so it's carbureted; not sure why they put EFI on a Bonnie. I'll try to post as soon as I get the pics off of my old computer). I lusted after an S3 for several years (OK, still do) but now I'm more in to adventure bikes (e.g. BMW GS series; Triumph Tiger Adventurer, etc...)

Actually I didn't do it. It's the dealer that did it. It was a new 2011 overstock (I bought it in January 2012) ... so I got it at a discount and for some reason the dealer installed the single headlight on it. It's called Urban LSL or some such and it's made to replace the dual headlights of the S3.

Initially I found it attractive since I didn't like the new "alien eyes" that Triumph put on the S3 ... I didn't mind the round headlights but the new ones are kinda big and ... well ... THERE.

But now I'm having half a thought to revert it back to stock ... and get rid of the single headlight.

The dual headlights, including the new ones (as ugly as they are) are a staple of the S3 ...

I don't know ... I'm on the fence.

Plus I'd like to install clipons and the single headlight brackets get in the way of that ...

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts