mom... and Atlanta...

khyricat

Barefooters
Jan 14, 2011
We are going to see my folks in Atlanta for Passover Seder (April 15-19 is when we'll be there). I have mentioned running barefoot and dad is supportive if confused. Mom seems a bit lost... Anyway- she called today with some professional questions and I mentioned I would probably try to get some runs in while there. She informed me I'd have to run with shoes as the streets are paved with glass? HUH?? where in the world did that come from.. if they are that bad- it would ruin car tires.... Anyway- it made me realize I should ask about running down there anyway.. who knows how much distance I will get in as I may not make it outside beforehand at this rate.... dang MI weather...

I've run the ING Georgia Half

I've run the ING Georgia Half barefoot, the Atlanta Half barefoot, the Peachtree Road Race 10K twice barefoot all in Atlanta plus a bunch of other races of varying distances in the metro Atlanta area barefoot, and not once have I cut my foot on glass.

If you're up for a run when you're in town, email me at [email protected], and we can get together and maybe I can get some of the other Georgians to join us.

If the Hebrews could build

If the Hebrews could build the pyramids barefoot and still survive forty years in the desert following the first ever Passover Seder, I think you'll be fine running on those glass roads. It's well imbeded in your genes.

Thanks TJ and Board... No

Thanks TJ and Board...

No idea if I'll have any time other than stolen moments before everyone else wakes to run... we'll see.. And at this rate, I may not get to run outdoors and toughen up feet until then, so I might be back to very short distances for a bit anyway... given where they live that will be interesting... long blocks around there it feels like...

Stone Mountain has some

Stone Mountain has some really nice trails. Look it up. Let me know.