Closed Mobile Browsers

spoonerweb

Chapter Presidents
Sep 6, 2010
813高雄市左營區文府路178巷
While I was waiting for my plane in the airport, I tried to post a quick race report. I also tried to reply to a couple threads. I tried to use Opera Mini and also Pocket Internet Explorer. Opera was telling me I could only POST when I hit the reply button after typing in my text. IE would only show the title for me to type in, but there was no box to type the body in.

Are you sure that's a BRS problem and not a Opera Mini or Pocket IE problem? I am not familiar with smart phones and accessing this site or any other. Some of the others here use Tap A Talk, and it seems to work well for them. Have you tried that?

I have an old PDA that runs Windows Mobile 6.1 and a couple programs I use on a daily basis are either not available on any of the newer smart phones or I would have to buy some of the other software again which would be kind of expensive.

I don't use my PDA to go online very often, mostly just when I go on vacation.

I hear Tap A Talk is only $3.

Can I change the prefix of this thread from Bug to something else? I don't think the site has a bug here.

TapATalk does not have a Windows Mobile program. However, I did find RapidRead (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=807820) which is free. Of course, it will be a while before I will get to test it.

As far as a bug, it probably would still be considered one. The site just doesn't work how it should on Windows Mobile. However, since Windows Mobile is no longer being supported, it seems kind of pointless to try to fix it. I am probably the only one on this site that has Windows Mobile and even then I rarely access the Internet let along this site with it.

Perhaps, but is the bug on our end or theirs? Hee. I would say theirs.

And I wouldn't call it a bug. It would be more like a suggestion...to enhance the site. A bug is like some bad code. That's not what we're dealing with here.

I would have to visit other forums to test where the bug is at. But if the forum is working right for Android, Windows Phone, and iPhone/Pad, then that should be good enough. If it is a bug on just this forum, then trying to fix it might end up making more of a mess for the others. I figured I would throw the problem out there and see if anyone else was having the same problem or if someone knew of a solution.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS