Minimalist Shoes - a good transition?

Nah, gradual transition is like training yourself to fit, before starting some actual sport - never going to happen. Just go straight into barefoot running, minimalist shoes are for conditions that are not "barefootable" (winter, rough gravel roads etc.), or back up things to carry, if some lousy thing happens, like metal spike impales your foot and you don't want to give barefoot running a bad reputation while you run back home. Or for those people who don't want to run actually barefoot, but want to run barefoot with shoes (and socks) on.

Last year I decided to try minimalist shoes for hiking and running (I’m mainly on trails, very little road/sidewalk time and zero track time). The experience was so good that I decided to give barefoot a try and have been enjoying it immensely.

I think that going to a minimalist shoe (I went with FiveFingers) then to barefoot was a good transition for me personally, a huge confidence builder.

On my longer hikes I stuff my shoes in my pack and start out barefoot. When/If I get to a point where my feet are feeling over sensitized I have them for backup. I’m looking forward to being confident enough to leave them at home.

Veni, Vidi, Amavi

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test