Minimalist Running Video

Discussion in 'Barefoot & Minimalist Running' started by The Mole, Aug 9, 2020.

1. The Mole

The Mole Barefooters

Morning everybody,
    Just stumbled across this video on natural running technique and thought it was worth sharing

2. BareFootBC

BareFootBC Barefooters
    1. Canada

Interesting. At 1:36 the narrator mentions “leaf spring” regarding the foot- that’s how I’ve been visualizing it. The video shows the addition of a coil spring under the arch (the “leaf spring”) that seems kinda redundant but it does give a little insight as to how the arch has a springiness.

Using the dogs running style as a way to show how we load our bodies for running was neat.

3. Janne

Janne Barefooters

Should we have a curated list of videos similar to the one with books? Maybe there is already one that I've missed :oops:

Noodles and Barefoot TJ like this.
  4. BF-Bulos

BF-Bulos Barefooters
    1. Texas - Austin

Nice video, thanks for sharing!

5. macdiver

macdiver Barefooters
    1. New Jersey
    2. Delaware

Thanks for sharing. I've been trying to get my arms to swing straight with no upper body rotation. I thought I read something about keeping all motion in the forward plane. Now I know that the rotation is important.

Noodles likes this.
  6. Acorn63

Acorn63 Barefooters

Thanks for sharing. One thing I've noticed with most of these videos of minimalist/barefoot running: they are running pretty fast. If I try that high back-kick when running my usual 10-11 min/mile, I'd kill my hamstrings in no time... :D

Recently I stumbled on The Balanced Runner youtube videos, "Stuck-at-home running form tips" and found quite sound advises imho.

7. Kungaloosh Dan

Kungaloosh Dan Barefooters

yeah, soooo many videos on barefoot running show rather advanced runners

Noodles likes this.
  8. Barefoot TJ

Barefoot TJ Administrator
    1. Nomad

That is a great idea. If anyone would like to take on a new project for the BRS of gathering a list of videos, please feel free to do so. In the past, I might have taken this on, but I have way too much on my plate.

We need one on books too, and we have/had software that would have created a virtual library of barefoot running-type books, but with the site needing upgrading, it's impossible to utilize the library as I had envisioned it at this time.

Noodles likes this.