Minimalist Running?: Runner Beats Half the Field in 5K Race Wearing a Pair of Crocs

CrocsRunner_1.png

Minimalist Running?:
Runner Beats Half the Field in 5K Race Wearing a Pair of Crocs

By Trill

A runner named Benjamin Pachev has managed to run a 5,000m race in Crocs, beating about half the field and coming in 12th place.

Earlier last month, Benjamin Pachev slipped on his pair of Crocs, and successfully finished a 5,000m race with a very respectable 14:47.62 time.

While he didn’t come in the first place, he still managed to outrun half his competitors wearing more traditional running shoes.

This unorthodox choice of footwear in a race has attracted a lot of attention, and it’s not the first time we’ve seen him rocking the Crocs during a race. According to Pachev’s father, the whole family uses Crocs to compete in races, just because – as bizarre as it may sound – they prefer Crocs to normal shoes!

To continue reading, please visit: https://www.trillmag.com/81801/read...the-field-in-5k-race-wearing-a-pair-of-crocs/

Runner Beats Half the Field in 5K Race Wearing a Pair of Crocs
Trill
“They basically feel like you're running barefoot on grass, except you're doing it on asphalt and you're not losing the speed,” he said. “It's a very good ...

Reactions: IraR
I highly recommend $5.00 croc-knockoffs for all sorts of wet-weather and cold-weather running. I get them a size smaller than my regular shoe-size, so that the back strap stays pretty tight. Even with the size smaller, the toe-box is pretty wide. But it's still not as good as going barefoot, and because you are not getting the tactile feedback, it can be easy to overdo the running.

I highly recommend $5.00 croc-knockoffs for all sorts of wet-weather and cold-weather running. I get them a size smaller than my regular shoe-size, so that the back strap stays pretty tight. Even with the size smaller, the toe-box is pretty wide. But it's still not as good as going barefoot, and because you are not getting the tactile feedback, it can be easy to overdo the running.
Do you wear socks with them? I would think the plastic and sweaty feet would cause friction.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts