Minimalist Hiking Boots

FreeYourToes

Barefooters
Nov 23, 2010
Havent posted for awhile but I pop my head in everyone once and a while to read some posts. Where I am deployed to they pretty much gave us the go ahead to buy any boots we want to wear out here (normally we would have to wear military style boots). The only exception is that it cant be a crazy color and goes above the ankle. I picked up these http://www.examiner.com/outdoor-recreation-gear-in-national/golite-footwear-timber-lite-hiking-boots-review for several reasons. They only have a 2mm heel height increase, thin soles and uppers, and are light in weight. When I got them I took the inserts out of them. There was a decent amount of arch support and the insert had these ridges in them that I guess are supposed to keep your foot from slipping while in the boot. I ditched that immediately. Underneath the insert is a hard plastic footbed which I liked, but it is designed with a ridge/lump going across the mid-foot, think arch support on steriods. I wore them for about a month and cant stand that ridge underneath my foot. It feels like I am stepping on a speedbump all the time. I am looking for an above the ankle, lightweight hiking boot with a flat footbed and as close to zero drop as I can get. Any recommendations?

Thanks- Eric

i still think my Danner idea

i still think my Danner idea was good. I am going to guy a pair of Danner Acadias (i have the desert ones, it would work with either), the good ones that are made in the USA because you can resole them. take the original sole off and add the 10mm sole material Barefoot Ted uses on his Leadvilles in its place. remove any inserts. i think it would be one BA pair of minimal boots! ill have to go look in my deserts below the insert and see if there is any structure built in that would ruin my plan. ill check tonight if i remember.

GOOD LUCK!

Russell Moccasin company

Russell Moccasin company begain making some fairly minimal versions of some of there shoes and boots. They are NOT cheap, because they are custom made, but from what I've heard, they will last, and last and last! HERE is a link to their minimalist page.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts