Minimalist combat boots for ACUs?

Discussion in 'Military Barefoot & Minimalist Running' started by JTodd56058, Oct 14, 2010.

1. JTodd56058

JTodd56058 Barefooters
    1. North Carolina

I am active duty military and do all my running barefoot or with VFFs. However, I have to wear the desert boots with my daily uniform, and they hurt my feet. Does anyone know of any minimalist desert boots that are within regulations? Thanks!

Jay

2. Barefoot TJ

Barefoot TJ Administrator
    1. Nomad

Thank you for your service,

Thank you for your service, Jay, and welcome to the club. I feel for you having to wear uncomfortable footwear. Hopefully, one of our military members will chime in hear with some real help.

3. Blind Boy

Blind Boy Barefooters
    1. South Carolina
    2. Germany &...
    3. Sweden

http://barefootrunners.org/bu

http://barefootrunners.org/build2/forum-topic/minimal-combat-boot Here's a thread from a while ago.

4. Jeepmonkey

Jeepmonkey Barefooters

Check out the Wolverines. 

Check out the Wolverines. They have a Vibram sole and are pretty comfortable. Very lightweight and flexible. I bought a pair when I was deployed last year.

5. JTodd56058

JTodd56058 Barefooters
    1. North Carolina

Thanks, guys!  I'll check

Thanks, guys! I'll check them out.

6. barnettcory

barnettcory Barefooters
    1. Illinois

one of my guys has the Nike

one of my guys has the Nike SFB. He likes it but its really soft and if you do a lot of walking, it will probably wear quick.

7. JTodd56058

JTodd56058 Barefooters
    1. North Carolina

Thanks, brother!  I looked at

Thanks, brother! I looked at those, and I agree that they are pretty soft. My other option is to get a used pair of old desert jungle boots (the Stormin' Normans), have a shop resole them with a thin, flat sole. We'll see how that turns out.

8. barnettcory

barnettcory Barefooters
    1. Illinois

you know I was actually

you know I was actually thinking about that myself. if you do that, let me know how that goes! I have SEVERAL pairs of issued boots I could have it done too. Another pair I have taken notice to that are considerbly lighter that I think are brand new are the Magnum Spider 8.1 Desert HPI. They ain't minimal perhaps but they are considerably lighter than issue boots!