Minimal Combat Boot

Discussion in 'Military Barefoot & Minimalist Running' started by Greginator USAF, Jul 24, 2010.

1. Warren Dickey

Warren Dickey
    Expand Collapse
    Chapter Presidents
    1. Florida - Tampa
    2. Florida -...
    3. Florida -...

The Nike FSB looks sweet.

The Nike FSB looks sweet. Great reviews! It would be lovely if they were authorized in the Marine Corps. I may get some of the mid-height boot for casual wear. I'll probably dye them a darker color though.

2. tomdetorres

tomdetorres
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters

I went with the Rocky S2V in

I went with the Rocky S2V in sage green when they came out. Not sure about the drop but overall they seem the lowest and therefore most agile of any I've owned over the last 30 years. They're not warm enough for me in the winter because my toes get cold easily so I have a much thicker, Goretex lined pair from Danner for the cold. I do have to sometimes replace OEM boot insoles with flat ones since running in VFFs for the last 18 months as I can't tolerate insoles with aggressive arches anymore. I did that in the Danners.

3. Alejandro 10

Alejandro 10
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Georgia

Greginator USAF wrote:Karen,

Greg, according to the link that follows Nike offers that boot in sage green. I can't believe I am directing someone to possibly make a purchase from Nike. I think I might be getting sick. Please excuse me.[​IMG] http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/?l=shop,pdp,ctr-inline/cid-1/pid-410059/pgid-410059

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  4. sramfl

sramfl
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters

Old thread, but I wanted to

Old thread, but I wanted to weigh in that I have been using the TR Kiowas as they are in Sage Green. They are very comfortable, more so that the tan boots I was previously issued. My feet get a little toasty in the boots, but I think that is more so due to the socks I wear with them. I am interested in getting a pair of Nike SFB's, but that is more out of curiosity as I really do like the Kiowas.

5. Greginator USAF

Greginator USAF
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Germany &...

Well, I've been wearing my Altama Exospeed II boots for over a year and a half, and I still really like them. The outsole is beginning to wear a bit, so I may replace them in a few months.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature