Milind Soman completes eight-day run, shares what happens when he runs barefoot

Barefoot TJ

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 5, 2010
Reactions: Sly
That's a fair old distance in 8 days. I can only dream of running that far.
I've got calf strain at the moment, apparently more common as you get older. I need to strengthen the calves more by doing heel drops. Calf strains are frustrating because you don't know if you have rested enough until you start running again and see if it cramps or not.

Regards

Neil

Reactions: Barefoot TJ
That's a fair old distance in 8 days. I can only dream of running that far.
I've got calf strain at the moment, apparently more common as you get older. I need to strengthen the calves more by doing heel drops. Calf strains are frustrating because you don't know if you have rested enough until you start running again and see if it cramps or not.

Regards

Neil
That's so true. You don't know until you get out there and away from it all before you realise your calves aren't as healed as you thought they were. It would probably be best to run on a treadmill to test how much you've healed, so you don't get stuck out somewhere to far from the car or home.

Well, fivefingers with toes cut off, sounds like way to get bit more attention than just wearing fivefingers.. :D Probably could work, as foot stays warmer, circulation has chance to keep toes toastier. And way to make fivefingers last bit longer, as they always break at inside of big toe.

Not sure if it would feel any better or more barefootish, but to know for sure, there's only one way to find out.

Well, fivefingers with toes cut off, sounds like way to get bit more attention than just wearing fivefingers.. :D Probably could work, as foot stays warmer, circulation has chance to keep toes toastier. And way to make fivefingers last bit longer, as they always break at inside of big toe.

Not sure if it would feel any better or more barefootish, but to know for sure, there's only one way to find out.
Cut them puppies off! :happy: