Mileage, What have your feet been up to week ending Oct 10?

Thanks everyone! Even though

Thanks everyone! Even though my time didn't really compare to my previous shod time, I do feel this was a greater accomplishment (especially since I've only been going BF for about 4 months and my longest runs before the 1/2 were 1 8miler, 1 10miler and 1 13.5miler. Other than those most of my "long" runs were in the 5-7 mile range.) and can't wait to do it again and improve. I love hearing about those who have been doing this for years and wish I could fast forward to that point for myself.

Anyway, BarefootJake, nice to hear from someone from this area. Sorry the story made you homesick though. The Wichita Marathon used to start there in Derby, and last year the section of the route in Derby probably had more spectators than most of the sections of route in Wichita. There were a lot of improvements in the course/event this year...not because it was moved out of Derby, but it was just better organized and more "professional". Two of the things I liked the most was the fact that there were spectators along most of the route and they had entertainment along the route as well (9 spots for the full and 5 for the 1/2, and 1 spot was passed twice). Anyway, don't know of many BF runners in Wichita. There are only 13 members in the KS chapter of BFRS and right now I only know 2 of the members (and one is too lazy to run at all, but she likes the idea of bf/minimalist running). Only 2 other members have their location listed on their BFRS profile. I occasionally hear of other BF runners in Wichita, but have yet to see them myself. I also have gotten one of my friends to start bf, and he actually does some of his runs in Derby since his "wife" lives there right now. My buddy Karl (sloPanda) and I have done 2 bf races in Wichita (Susan Komen 5k and Prairie Fire 1/2 Marathon) and so far, we have been the only 2 bf runners, so I can say that I was first for barefoot runners in both of those races :)