Mileage, What have your feet been up to week ending Oct 10?

barefoot.zumba.runner

Barefooters
Apr 3, 2010
New week!

Feel free to report mileage and other forms of exercise, it's great for accountability and it's fun to see what else everyone is up to on their off run days.

Monday 5.15mi barefoot,

Monday 5.15mi barefoot, pushing jogger. 45 degrees. Feet felt quite warm actually, wondering if the Zensah had anything to do with that.

Going out for a 5k now, I'm

Going out for a 5k now, I'm shooting for just over 40 mi but that would mean running every day this week and realistically, that just isn't going to happen.

UPDATE: Hilly 5k run done and only a second per kilometer slower than I was shooting for, I'll blame the rock I stepped on half-way through. Also, I had a strong head-wind as I was climbing the biggest hill on the route. Didn't slow me down that much though. I needed a run as great as this after weeks of just not feeling it.

nice mileage you guys are

nice mileage you guys are pulling in.

BB, I like a good strong wind from time to time...good for the soul

Osito, do you find they help with cold feet? Better circulation? I'm giving them a test run and will be giving BRS review, I've worn them twice now and have been pleased with them both times. While I don't get a lot of severe of calf soreness, I'm pretty much always achy there from dancing and running.

I ran 10 miles today! And I'm

I ran 10 miles today! And I'm pretty sure I'm done for the week, haha. Made it in 1:49, could've been a lot faster if I was in shape and had actually gotten this kind of mileage barefoot, the longest I've ever done before is like 5 miles. I was making a pretty good pace to finish at about 1:30 something, but at mile 7 the road started being paved again, and my feet just died. I'll try to do a RR later.

Well, I added a fourth

Well, I added a fourth running day today - 30 minutes in Bikilas which I am loving (totally unexpectedly!). I ran with someone from RWOL who'd noticed me running in the 'hood the other day. She knew it was me from my crappy beach shoes LOL.

She's moving away in November but I am hoping to develop a little club to run in the park near my house - to keep safe during winter nights. Feeling good with the calf strain but my toe is still bruised/strained. The Zensahs are awesome. I felt guilty dropping so much money on them, but they really worked for the calf plus they are keeping me warm. Totally worth it.

great job Danjo and

great job Danjo and JSchwab!

Zumba- I think they just keep my calves feeling loose and fresh..maybe it's just placebo, I dunno.

Oso, definitely got that

Oso, definitely got that impression from them too

Schwab, awesome you meet up with another barefooter from RW. Bummer she's moving away though:(

Danjo, where did that come from?!! Awesome job, hope your feet are feeling well today.

Right on Adam!Sunday: 1hr

Right on Adam!

Sunday: 1hr zumba, 1hr belly dance, .5h core work

Monday 5.15mi barefoot with jogger

Tuesday 2hrs zumba

Wednesday...6mi barefoot and 15min core work (planned), 1hr zumba

She's not a barefoot runner,

She's not a barefoot runner, but a very cool runner, nonetheless (Fauxrunner from the other BF). I've done three days' running in a row which I have not done in a long time (it's because I truncated my long run). Today I managed about 6.5. I've been doing these all in Bikilas because my bruised toe STILL hurts. My calf strain is gone, though. Love the Bikilas, especially because it's been raining and cold.

Zum, I'm not really sure

Zum, I'm not really sure where it came from either, haha. I guess I just make ridiculous promises and then feel obligated to go through with them. Before I quit XC I said I'd be back to do the 10, thinking I'd be a little bit better prepared than I ended up being. Oh well, it could have been worse. No injuries, just what can be expected from running 10 miles barefoot for the first time, my feet still hurt the next day, and I'm pretty sore, but otherwise not bad. I'll be taking the rest of the week of though.

Tuesday, 5 miles barefoot on

Tuesday, 5 miles barefoot on mostly pavement, some gravel road. Temperature was 50F, no problem with cold feet. Also 1 hr kettle bells and submission wrestling.

Trying to build up to do a 15K (9.3 miles) on pavement in 10 days.

Wednesday: 6 mi, half of it

Wednesday: 6 mi, half of it with an 18 pound kettlebell in my backpack. The uphills were interesting to say the least.

haha BB, does sound like an

haha BB, does sound like an interesting run!

Q, yardwork is definitely good exercise for arms and back.

Danjo, keep up the good progress and watch out for tmts, rest up!

nada yesterday, today doing 6 this am (split in half), meeting my Mom at the dr for some medical testing and it's s3mi away:) and core work

No run yesterday or the day

No run yesterday or the day before. I am slowing it down for my race on Sunday, but I am restless and miserable. I think I need to run today even though I was not planning on it. The race is a 5K - maybe I'll run and keep my mileage at 20 for the week even though I was not planning on that. Legs are itchy.

Blind Boy wrote:Wednesday: 6

Blind Boy said:
Wednesday: 6 mi, half of it with an 18 pound kettlebell in my backpack. The uphills were interesting to say the least.

BB, did you do this barefoot? One day I did about a mile and a half carrying a 40 lb sandbag and I found that the NEXT time I went barefoot running the usual gravel bits did not hurt nearly as much as usual. Unfortunately the effect went away in a week or two.

Unless I say anything else,

Unless I say anything else, all my running is barefoot so yes, I was naked from the ankles down. :p

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test