Mileage week ending 10-17

Slow week. Didn't get as much

Slow week. Didn't get as much running in as I had hoped for. Only 16.5 miles. Feet still need to recover from the 1/2 marathon I did last Sunday. The fact that I had a "bleeding wear spot" the Monday before the 1/2 then ran the 1/2 at a faster than normal speed didn't help my feet any. I probably should have did my runs in VFFs last week, but I hate running in shoes now. My last run on Saturday kinda sucked because of my foot, plus I ran mid afternoon and the temp was in the upper 80's, so alot warmer than I have been used to. I walked (hobbled) about half of my last mile (and actually cut my run short by 2 miles since I was trying to go 8 miles and only made it 6. Seems like whenever I NEED my VFFs, I always forget to carry them with me). I'm planning on running in my VFFs this week. Would that be the best thing to do in order to let my feet heal some before I hit the road BF again? How long should I let my feet "recover"? I don't want to take too much time off and let my feet lose their conditioning.

Anyway, my ankle (soft tissue just behind the anklebone on the inside in front of the achilles-left foot) has been bothering since my 1/2 marathon. Achilles didn't hurt at all unless I press really hard on it, but the area described above was pretty tender to the touch. It actually started bothering me a little bit during the run, but not to a point of affecting me. Also, it has not affected any of my subsequent runs too much...I can feel it, but not to the point of making me stop. I know I probably should take it easy and rest, but I don't like doing that. I started taking some ibuprofen to help with the inflammation, and that seems to be working. I also found that even though it hurt to press (massage) hard on the spot, it felt alot better afterwards. Anyone else ever have this problem? Any recommendations?

Here is my activity on Endomondo if anyone is interested:

-Oct 17, 201019.57 mi1h:16m:23sCycling, transportation (wore my VFFs. Like BF better with my current pedals since my feet slipped too much in the VFFs) -Oct 16, 20106.04 mi1h:07m:56sBF Running (1/2 mile or so of hobbling included) -Oct 15, 20104.50 mi35m:59sBF Running (Indoor run at YMCA track) -Oct 14, 20106.00 mi57m:28sBF Running

On the sore spot on your

On the sore spot on your foot... As long as you can maintain good form in the VFFs, I don't think there would be any harm in using them temporarily until your sore spot on your skin heals.

On the Achilles issue... You should not run until that has cleared up, if you ask me. You don't want to end up tearing something. Pain is a warning sign of pending damage.

16.5 miles is still good; in fact, any mileage is good as far as I'm concerned.

metalman, Sounds like you

metalman, Sounds like you have some seriously tight connective tissue...the leading cause for tendonitis.

Also sounds like its the posterior tibial tendon, the achilles neighbor. You may have a little in both actually.

1. ice the heck out of it.

2. YES massage IS good. It promotes circulation and loosens the connective tissues.

p.s.

I play a Dr. on the interweb...atleast ...my dad IS a Dr. ;)

If you are taking antibiotics

If you are taking antibiotics and developing PF of your PF is worsening, STOP taking them right away! I just learned they are the cause for my deteriorating PF.

Finally got my first 60+ mile

Finally got my first 60+ mile week

Oct 11 — Oct 17

10/12: Ran 8 mi

10/14: Ran 6.73 mi

10/14: Ran 7.26 mi

10/16: Ran 12.43 mi

10/17: Ran 26.2 mi

Whoo-hoo, Shacky!

Whoo-hoo, Shacky!

Support Your Club

Forum statistics