Mileage week ending 10-17

Minnesotans... wow I cannot

Minnesotans... wow I cannot believe you got that many barefoot runners together in one place. It's like that shot of Elvis and Nixon... something you can't quite believe until you see it. Way to go.

For myself I was murdered by a cold this week but got in 1.5 miles and then 2.0 mostly trail miles, all barefoot, for an overwhelming total of 3.5, as I sort of came back to life yesterday and today. Sometime soon I need to do some 15-mile weeks in preparation for Kevin's Cup. Cheers!

it's fun seeing our group

it's fun seeing our group runs multiplying with each one!

hope you're feeling better, lots of chicken noodle soup with LOTS of garlic Stomp!

Minnesotans... wow I cannot

Minnesotans... wow I cannot believe you got that many barefoot runners together in one place.

I know, right? I like got a little tear in my eye when I saw that.

Yeah, either all of you are

Yeah, either all of you are really short, or SP is really fricken tall. Or a combination of the two. I wonder if I look that tall to people? And that second picture makes it look like all of you are really sunburned, and the grass is crazy green.

Its cool that you guys have so many members. I'm the only one who gets on here regularly from the NM chapter, so our chapter prez will post something, I'll comment on it, and then the chapter goes dead for a month. Can we borrow some of your members? After all, NM is just MN backwards, haha.

sure thing Danjo, I'll hit up

sure thing Danjo, I'll hit up NM for the winter;) LOL, we sort of look oompa loompa ish (sans the green hair) in that second pic.

TJ, we're catching up to you down in Georgia;)

Very nice, pic. And, yay,

Very nice, pic.

And, yay, Nate. Way to represent for the PA chapter!

Warning: long whine ahead!

I didn't do any more running this week. I came back from a tough and unsatisfying 4.34 yesterday with mysterious pelvic pain. Considering I sat on my butt all last week with my toe infection and I have a pelvic injury, it's not totally crazy that I would have problems, but I hate how time off and antibiotics (very needed) have just snowballed into a craptastic situation. I have track club (just me and another RW runner unless someone else unexpectedly shows up) tomorrow night. We'll see what happens. Either I have a crazy new musculoskeletal injury or the antibiotics threw me off and I developed some kind of lady issue, like a cyst. I missed both my chiro sessions this week, so that may have contributed.

Total for the week : 4.34 Saturday

Tuesday: .5 hours yoga and

Tuesday: .5 hours yoga and stretches

Wednesday: 5k personal run, Podrunner Intervals Week 3. Total stats are 53:29 time for 3.42 miles, average pace of 15:37. 63 degrees outside with 10mph wind. Shod, but thankfully my knees don't hurt too badly this time. I'd do barefoot, but those pine needles last time were murder >< I'm just sooooo happy I can actually do a 5k ^_^

Sunday: ~2 mile run, no music. I didn't keep stats this time, but I can say for sure this is the first time I've ever ran a full mile without walking. It was amazing! Stung like crazy, but amazing ^_^

9.5 total for me, only 3 of

9.5 total for me, only 3 of them bare. Great start to the week with back to back runs on Monday and Tuesday, then I caught a cold which sidelined me for a couple of days and the weekend was crazy busy so I didn't have time to run any.

Schwab, where's the pain and

Schwab, where's the pain and what did it feel like? What a cruddy month! This will all be behind you soon and you'll be back on track soon.

Nice work BB, chicken noodle soup aughta do the trick...lots of garlic ;)

New week!

BB, if you make any chicken

BB, if you make any chicken soup, you just be sure to clean out that fridge before you go storing any leftovers! ;-)

Get well soon, J. I hope it's not a cyst, and I hope it's not serious.

Chicken soup? I went with

Chicken soup? I went with whisky, was that wrong? It certainly didn't feel like a bad thing. ;) Besides, no leftovers so there's less work for you, TJ.

It's right on the pelvic bone

It's right on the pelvic bone but I feel hormoney, so I'm wondering if it's referred pain from female stuff. I take the pill to keep away painful cysts and cycles, but antibiotic supposedly interfere with it so I'm wondering if the Keflex neutralized it. It's really only been ONE week - I am totally whining out of turn. Things were going great up until last Sunday :) I have a run tonight so we'll see how that goes. I stopped the antibiotics and I'm hoping that helps. I would like to double up on pills, but I don't have extra.

Maybe you shouldn't stop the

Maybe you shouldn't stop the antibiotics. I understand you are supposed to complete the whole prescription.

Barefoot TJ wrote:Maybe you

Barefoot TJ said:
Maybe you shouldn't stop the antibiotics. I understand you are supposed to complete the whole prescription.

That was a funny thing. I didn't want to take them and the doc said I would just have to take them for 3-4 days (either that or it would be via IV in the hospital). I took them from Monday night through last night, so longer than she indicated. I feel kind of funny stopping, but she said it was OK and I am itchy all over, so I know they are starting to bother me.

Well, if she told you to

Well, if she told you to stop, then by all means, listen to her. I'm no doctor.

What a great picture! SP, you

What a great picture! SP, you are really tall! How tall are you?

I only got 4.5 miles in last week. I had strep throat and then a tummy bug. Neither is something you can really run with. I do hope to go back to building miles this week. I want to get 10.5 - 11 miles in.

Barefoot TJ wrote:Well, if

Barefoot TJ said:
Well, if she told you to stop, then by all means, listen to her. I'm no doctor.

That's OK. I had the same concern myself and took it as long as I could stand it. Frankly, I think I'd be alot better off if I took most of my medical advice from people who had not had their brains crushed by medical school. I have not seen a real MD in a million years, as it is (just NP's and PA's and lay midwives).

Yea, the doctors are too busy

Yea, the doctors are too busy to care for their own patients it seems.

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7