Mileage week ending 10-17

barefoot.zumba.runner

Barefooters
Apr 3, 2010
What are you getting your feet into this week?

MOnday...nada, well some raking and yard work

Tuesday 2hr Zumba

Monday: 3 mi barefoot tempo

Monday: 3 mi barefoot tempo at 35F on wet roads + 10 minutes of ketlebells as warmup. I don't know which was worse, the cold or the kettlebells. I haven't done any strength training at all before this.

Tuesday: Same warmup but an easy 7 mi planned. Hopefully it won't be as chilly either.

Not much yet. Swings mostly,

Not much yet. Swings mostly, but I'm trying to figure out a few other exercises by watching grainy youtube videos.

As for tonight's run it became a bit less than 7 mi, I ended up running the course of a 10k race that's held here each spring.

Sunday (October 10) - 5 miles

Sunday (October 10) - 5 miles quick tempo - varying surfaces - sidewalk, gravel, limestone, grass, asphalt

Monday - Turkey day (Canadian Thanksgiving) - 5 hours of cooking for family and friends, projected hardest workout of the week.

Tuesday - Scheduled for 5 mile speed work run on school track (asphalt) for tonight.

Wednesday - Chasing kids around expect at least 10 miles of running around in circles (or at least will feel like 10 miles)

Thusday - Travel day to Niagra Falls; hope to do 2 to 4 miles light run with wife from hotel to falls and back

Friday - Travel day to London, Ontario - off day to prepare for Saturday.

Saturday - 50 km ultra marathon trail run (Vulture Bait) goal to complete in 5 1/2 hours.

Nothing yet and maybe none.

Nothing yet and maybe none. My toe is still all inflamed and swollen. Antibiotics and we'll see. Of course, I am secretly thrilled there is no break or sprain.

I got in 8 barefoot miles

I got in 8 barefoot miles today. Had my fastest mile to date with a 6:36.

Awesome comment heard today as I was running past a lady running with shoes on - "Hey, you should get a pair of those Vibram toe shoes. I just bought a pair and they are awesome!"

I was running barefoot and this lady thought I should buy a pair of VFFs? :p

LOL Shacky, just trying to

LOL Shacky, just trying to express her comradary I think ;) Nice speed!

Schwab, hope your toes is healed very soon! You were on such an awesome roll! Rest easy Mama

Nice work Adam, how do you

Nice work Adam, how do you find your feet do for those first few miles in the cold? I feel like my feet need a good 2 miles to warm up first before they stop hating me, seem to be super sensitive when they're cold.

I am still mending with the

I am still mending with the help of antibiotics from my toe infection. My legs are itchy now. Someone mentioned doing back to back long runs and am toying with the idea of doing ten on Saturday and ten on Sunday - we'll see if I feel that crazy come weekend.

Still no miles, but I am

Still no miles, but I am planning back to back ten milers Saturday and Sunday. If I still can't run, someone's gettin' killed, cause this is killing me.

Just finished second 30

Just finished second 30 minute bfr this week. Gorgeous weather again, feet feel great. Really starting to enjoy it. Noticing feet don't feel quite as tender on rough surfaces like old asphalt with loose gravel. Stoked.

Yeah, me taking off last week

Yeah, me taking off last week after running the 10 miler kinda turned into me taking this week off too, haha. Well drama rehersals and way too much homework didn't help. I'm kinda wanting to go for a run right now, but I'm not sure about running during the day. I've been doing my runs under the cover of darkness, which helps me not care about how silly I look. Its not looking funny from my form I'm worried about so much as my other habits, which include running in circles over rough spots to fine tune my form, taking random gravel detures for the same reason, jumping from sidewalk to road and back again to keep my feet from getting bored, and lying down in the grass in the park when I need to "focus".

haha Q, pine needles and leaf

haha Q, pine needles and leaf stems are a bit of a pain aren't they? Awesome job on the 5k!!

Adam, definitely onto something with the increased sensitivity with the cold. Same here

no Zumba tonight, low member base and awesome mid October weather = no students for class.

MOnday...nada, well some raking and yard work

Tuesday 2hr Zumba

Wednesday 4.5mi barefoot jogger run

Thursday..super full day, likely nothing.

Friday..4mi barefoot to and from the gym, 1hr barefoot Zumba

Saturday 1hr belly dance fitness, MN BRS group run! Hoping for a longer run

Sunday..1hr zumba, 1hr belly dance fitness, .5h core work

Adam, what happened to your

Adam, what happened to your avatar? It looks blurry now.

Yippee, Silly!  It's a great

Yippee, Silly! It's a great feeling getting in 1,000 miles for the year.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts