Mileage reporting week 9 of 2016

Runlite01

Barefooters
Apr 27, 2013
Denison Tx
Excellent 5 mile run Tuesday.
It was a little groggy at first but things smoothed out nicely.
60 deg.f. weather it a light breeze.

25 miles for the week so far for me.
6 miles more for me. It could have been better, but still good. I stepped on something nasty that kind of crippled my run, and today I was feeling the consequences for all the day, but now getting better.
Cheers!

Sorry to hear that, are you still cripple? I hope all is back to normal.

More or less. Feeling a bit of pressure in the metatarsals of my second toe. I guess it makes part of the learning process ;)
Thanks for asking.
Cheers!

Is there pain or just pressure. Be careful and don't feel bad to stop running if it bothers too much.

Another really enjoyable 3km round the lake this morning. -Out with a shoddie again!
Was nice and dry to start with and didn't feel too cold, even though the snow started to fall just as we were finishing.
Everything felt really good today -a nice relaxed run. Some days it all just seems to fall into place without even thinking about it. I like it when the day starts like that!:)

6 miles more for me. It could have been better, but still good. I stepped on something nasty that kind of crippled my run, and today I was feeling the consequences for all the day, but now getting better.
Cheers!
Hopefully it's just a bruise. Like Dama says, don't worry about resting up for a couple days so you're ready to go again properly when it clears...:barefoot:

28.4 miles for me for the week, though I ended up in Luna's for my long run of 12 miles on Friday due to a couple tender spots on my soles. Everything else feels fine, though, even with my one bike ride of pulling a granddaughter in a kiddie wagon (designed for that purpose; I can't think what they are supposed to be called) behind the bike for 90 minutes. Man, those hills are challenging when pulling that! The wagon is probably heavier than the ones around today, being one we purchased when our kids were little. It has a double seat of hard plastic, that has since been reinforced with some wood. But pulling it was easier overall than I thought it might be.

I may begin to consider entering a 13.1 mile event the middle of May, here very close to home. I volunteered at it last year, so have a "free" entry.

Well I've been absent here for a couple weeks and almost absent from running too. Last week I started off Sunday night/Monday sick and was somewhat sick for most of the week (sinus/upper respiratory infection) and still have a mild bit of lingering symptoms. That being said I did get out for some shorter and very easy pace runs - sometimes I'm not sure if running actually helps or just hurts when your sick but it did help to open up my sinuses and fresh air was nice. 5.6 miles last week. This week feeling better but scrambling to get my house clean for some guests, busy all week, all I managed was a few short runs again. 5 miles Monday, 2 for Tuesday, 3 both Friday and today. So 13 for the week. Well at least it's something, but I've pretty much given up on the thought of doing my first ultra this spring. Roads have been miserable with grit lately, and also been wet all week which just makes the soles more sensitive so I've been running in my SoftStars and VFFs. Should be good on the bike path for barefoot though, when I have more time to go there.

Finished my weekly run with 42 miles with a 17 brutal miles run yesterday, well the first half anyways as the win was very strong going into.
On my way back wasn't as bad though, windy but no too bad compared to the first half.
And 6 more. Totals for the week are 16 mi barefoot + 2 minimal.
Cheers!
Nice! you're making good progress.

28.4 miles for me for the week, though I ended up in Luna's for my long run of 12 miles on Friday due to a couple tender spots on my soles. Everything else feels fine, though, even with my one bike ride of pulling a granddaughter in a kiddie wagon (designed for that purpose; I can't think what they are supposed to be called) behind the bike for 90 minutes. Man, those hills are challenging when pulling that! The wagon is probably heavier than the ones around today, being one we purchased when our kids were little. It has a double seat of hard plastic, that has since been reinforced with some wood. But pulling it was easier overall than I thought it might be.

I may begin to consider entering a 13.1 mile event the middle of May, here very close to home. I volunteered at it last year, so have a "free" entry.
Awesome, go for it!!.

Well I've been absent here for a couple weeks and almost absent from running too. Last week I started off Sunday night/Monday sick and was somewhat sick for most of the week (sinus/upper respiratory infection) and still have a mild bit of lingering symptoms. That being said I did get out for some shorter and very easy pace runs - sometimes I'm not sure if running actually helps or just hurts when your sick but it did help to open up my sinuses and fresh air was nice. 5.6 miles last week. This week feeling better but scrambling to get my house clean for some guests, busy all week, all I managed was a few short runs again. 5 miles Monday, 2 for Tuesday, 3 both Friday and today. So 13 for the week. Well at least it's something, but I've pretty much given up on the thought of doing my first ultra this spring. Roads have been miserable with grit lately, and also been wet all week which just makes the soles more sensitive so I've been running in my SoftStars and VFFs. Should be good on the bike path for barefoot though, when I have more time to go there.

Sorry to hear about your illness, seems like you're already catching up.

Enjoyable but very soggy and occasionally windy weeks forward motion for me.

Mon. 7mile walk
Tues. 7mile run
Wed. Rest
Thur. 8.2 mile run
Fri. 7mile walk
Sat. 13mile run

Nice!!

Most excellent 10 mile run at 5:00 am.
saw lots of rabbits, ducks, parrots and more cedar wax wings.
Cool moon/sunrise morning run.
lots of creek crossings:p:p

good luck on your race Runlite!

Everything felt really good today -a nice relaxed run. Some days it all just seems to fall into place without even thinking about it. I like it when the day starts like that!:)

I love when that happens, makes for more enjoyable runs.

Reactions: Tedlet
Finished my weekly run with 42 miles with a 17 brutal miles run yesterday, well the first half anyways as the win was very strong going into.
On my way back wasn't as bad though, windy but no too bad compared to the first half.

Awesome total Dama, you on a training plan, or just going with the flow?

Awesome total Dama, you on a training plan, or just going with the flow?

Ha! my body dictates my "training" I run as much or as little as my body wants. If my body feels like going long, I go long and if it doesn't want to go, well I won't go. How's that for "training"?
No I am not "training" for anything in particular I just want to be ready for when the racing urge hits me :)

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7