Mileage Reporting Week 9 (Feb 27 -Mar 5)

Runlite01

Barefooters
Apr 27, 2013
Denison Tx
5 mile run this morning with Boulder.
70 deg. f. 83% Rh.
Lots of rabbits, Lots of rabbits, lots of fun!

Reactions: Tristan and Tedlet
So I may be done for the week already, not sure. Now the daylight is getting longer I suppose it's possible to get a short tun or walk in after work, we'll see.

Today was the 7th run in a row for me. Not sure if I've done that before or not actually. Monday was a a short speed workout, 5.1 miles. I did .4 warmup and .4 cooldown and the rest was a tempo run at half marathon pace. Probably should have warmed up longer. Tuesday was a bit of a long run (barely) at 10.1 miles. I was surprised I had energy and very little fatigue doing that on 6th consecutive run, and did a decent pace mid 8's considering I think. Today was to be the last day, just a short easy recovery kind of run. I picked a 5 mile route, did that plus .4 warmup and cooldown (same route as Monday). However I forgot to get my jacket I hung on a bush and had to go back after I changed into jeans in the car and was heading to the store. I thought it was closer to the other end, which I was already heading in that direction. Turns out it was pretty close to the middle but closer to the original end. :rolleyes: Ended up doing a bit more running in jeans, alternating walking (I was tired at that point, and starting to get sweaty wearing jeans). Added another mile and half of walking a bit over mile running. 8.1 miles today.

So my last 7 days tallied up to 49.3 miles - almost a weekly record for me! And definitely a record for miles for consecutive runs. However looking at it by the calendar week its only a modest 26 mile week last week, and 23.3 this week. All in how you look at it.

5.3km around the local park this morning.
Lots of dog walkers out and still lots of puddles!
Ran a steady and reasonable pace throughout without too much variation & felt pretty good when I'd finished.

I'm planning on checking out the nearby woods now the weather's improving (temperature wise at least) to see if I can find a good trail to run just to mix things up a bit. Hopefully I'll get lucky and find a 'friendly' one to start with:)...

Stalled till 6:00 am this morning to go out for a 7 mile run in the drizzle.
It was 54 deg.f. and lots of puddles.
on our last mile we spotted a flock of parrots on power lines snuggling each other (maybe to keep warm?)

Reactions: Tristan
Ran a loop around Central Park in the afternoon on Mon. & Tues. That was during the latest thaw, both days above 50 degrees. so that's 2 X 6.1 = 12.2 barefoot miles for the week. I did one 13-mile bike-ride in sneakers at night. Unfortunately, towards the end of it I did get struck at very low speed (we were both moving slow) by a car turning left who didn't see me. Had lights on, and had the right of way, but I should have known it was a busy street. I fell over and the side of the knee was a little black and blue where it hit the bike as I was toppling over. I gave myself some rest-time, and the side of the knee is looking and feeling better, so I'm fine. The front wheel of the bike will need some truing; it was wobbling at the end of the trip, though it was rideable. I've been cutting down some of my night-time recreation; the dangers have been getting to me and I'm too tired if I'm getting up early for yoga. Sun setting later should help.

Reactions: Tristan

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test

Latest posts